CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Brake pedal

Old 10-27-2012, 05:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brake pedal

Well, winter hit Sweden as expected but luckily for me I've found myself a man cave where I can tinker all I want with my bike (had I known anything about bikes). Anyways, since the withdrawal symptoms are far too strong to ignore I've decided to streetfight the bike. The discovery of chipped pieces in the fairing, some scratches and such might have influenced me as well. Not only will I try to wrap the tank (has a small dent in it) with carbon fiber (holographic red or something like that from Composite Envisions) but I will also do some minor styling to the bike, for example changing the brake pedal to something more stylish. Do any of you CBR-gurus know where I might find a decent looking foot brake pedal online? Not thinking OEM exact replacement but something that will fit and look good.

Thanks, y'all!

Old 10-28-2012, 05:59 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

SV Racing's adjustable rearsets:

SVRacingParts.com

Old 10-29-2012, 02:31 AM

Perfect. Damn, the lack of good retailers here in Sweden combined with my lack of the correct words makes it hard to find things. Rear set, I was not even aware that it could be called that...
Thanks a lot, adrenalnjunky!

Old 10-29-2012, 01:32 PM

dig around on Ebay too - several companies used to make rearsets for F2/F3's but most have stopped production - Woodcraft & Yoshimura were 2 bigger names.

I've heard that F4/F4i rearsets will fit our bikes, but I can't verify that myself.

Old 10-29-2012, 01:56 PM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Migge, Pro-Tek also still makes rear sets for the F2 - it locates the pegs the typical 1" up and 1" back.
This particular unit is non-adjustable - if you want to see what it looks like on the F2, check my build thread.

They were unavailable for a while, then several places got more in. I got mine from motorcycle-superstore.com

Oh, and, vote for me for October ROTM... just two days left!

Old 10-29-2012, 06:16 PM

Great news. Will surely look at your magnificent bike (again... Drooling...). Since I'll fight mine, I'm not too sure about giving it an even sportier stance. But I'll check it out! And JNS, you got my vote a long time ago...

Old 10-30-2012, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Migge
...Since I'll fight mine, I'm not too sure about giving it an even sportier stance...
With just about all aftermarket rearsets, in addition to being lighter than stock, the main purpose is to give you more ground clearance, and I can only assume the Woodcraft units will raise the pegs up and back as well.
Even though you're going streetfighter with the bike, I assume you still want to be able to corner hard without dragging stuff! I can say that the 1" up and back is not so extreme that it makes riding uncomfortable, if anything, I need more, as I still drag pegs here and there, at higher lean angles - I'm just a hair under 6', and like I said, it doesn't cramp me at all, or feel strange.

Originally Posted by Migge
...And JNS, you got my vote a long time ago...
Ahhhh, I see, then you, sir, are one cool cat!!

Old 10-30-2012, 09:54 AM

This thread reminds me, I bought a set of rearset riser adapters a while back that moved the stockers up and back - I couldn't install them due to my mid pipe hitting.

I had forgotten about those things. I need to pull my exhaust off the header and install the rearsets, then see if I can make it work, or where I need my midpipe "massaged" some.

Old 10-30-2012, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by adrenalnjunky
This thread reminds me, I bought a set of rearset riser adapters a while back that moved the stockers up and back - I couldn't install them due to my mid pipe hitting.

I had forgotten about those things...
Ahhh, Junky, do tell! I am seeking some risers, for additional clearance - where did you buy them, etc., etc., etc.??

Old 10-30-2012, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by JNSRacing
Ahhh, Junky, do tell! I am seeking some risers, for additional clearance - where did you buy them, etc., etc., etc.??
IIRC I bought mine off ebay. F4/F4i rearset risers were reported to work with our bikes, so that's what i bought. I know they bolt up properly, like I said I was just having an interference issue with my midpipe - but I'm pretty sure it is the midpipe's fault, not the risers.

This thread is where I got the info:
https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f2...-103153/page2/

The parts are available on ebay still - but turns out they're just the SVRacing F4 risers: SVRacingParts.com

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Brake pedal