CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Bike Started, Adjusted Choke now wont start

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 03:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bike Started, Adjusted Choke now wont start

Hey guys, new member/rider here. Did a search and didn't really know where to start. So heres the problem. I started up the bike to warm it up, and adjusted the choke when the rpms rose a bit. This stalled the bike, and I assumed I over adjusted the choke so I set it back and attempted to start it up again but now it wont start. I think I may have flooded the carb as there is now a faint gas smell. How would you guys reccommend getting her started up again?

Thanks in advance,
Henry

PS: Included a picture of my second wife.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:42 PM

well when my bike not start normally i use the choke but when the bike start and crank i turn back the choke, in my owners manual file, says "if you have 5 attemps to start the bike and it doesn't, press the kill switch to off position and press start button for 3-5 seconds, then put the kill switch in on position and try to start the bike", this test work for me fine, cause when the temp is low it's hard to start the bike and the carbs flooded every morning.

but maybe you move/mess another thing, you need make a real presentation and then describe what do you do this morning step by step.

Cris

Old 07-28-2010, 09:26 AM

I coulda sworn in the manual it recommends that you switch it to off then roll the throttle a few times to clear out the carbs?

Old 07-28-2010, 08:14 PM

So problem fixed =) It turns out it the carb was flooded. I emptied the flood chamber and voila it started. Funny because i put aside an entire day to diagnose and solve the problem and it took me 5 mins. Still don't understand how it got flooded though.

@ cristopech & & deadfred
I don't have the orginal manual that came with the bike. I only have a haynes manual. It would be great if one of you could clarify the rolling throttle thing.

Old 07-29-2010, 01:39 AM

Update x2

So the problem came back right after. Started and died again. Spent a few hours diagnosing the problem and found that the engine was not getting fuel. So through the process of elimination, we discovered that the fuel switch was not functioning. Since it was getting late, we decided to take apart the switch to see if it was clogged. Turns out the bladder inside the switch was not working. Took it out, examined and put it back in and all is good. Except I got a pretty bad cut putting the fairing back on. Ouch.