CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

is it better to part out or sell bike hole?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 02:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is it better to part out or sell bike hole?

i have a 1994 cbr f2 with a smokin joe body on it.it is in good shape. i also have a 2001 cbr f4i has some damage to front cowl and left side but l still ride it daily. i want to get a new 2007 cbr. just wanted to know if i would make more money parting them out or selling them hole.all parts would ship from torrance california, 90504.

Old 12-30-2007, 09:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: is it better to part out or sell bike hole?

You'd probably make more money if you parted it out... BUT, the prices you can sell the parts at depend on the market (ie, if there's anyone who wants to buy them at the time). Also, you have to consider the time you'll spend dismantling it, the space that a partially assembled bike will take up, and the fact that it gets very hard to sell the bike when you've just sold half the parts...

On a sentimental side, you might want to consider sending the bike to a new loving home instead of to a bunch of random people in various boxes. Would you kill your dog to sell it's organs because it would make more money than giving it away (alive)? Just a figure of speech...

If it's good shape, I'd say sell the whole thing... you should be able to get a decent price.