CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Best Spark Plug for F2, opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 12:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Spark Plug for F2, opinions?

Anyone have an opinion on the optimal spark plug, how about fluids, oil, tranny etc 37,000miles. What else should a tune up entail? Perhaps a valve adjustment?

Old 05-10-2006, 08:46 AM
Default RE: Best Spark Plug for F2, opinions?

check valves maybe, i'm at 23,xxx and haven't checked it yet.

check air filter, spark plugs, spark plug wires, oil and tranny fluid are the same on my f2.

Old 05-13-2006, 01:51 AM

What else should a tune up entail? Perhaps a valve adjustment?

If a shop services your bike, they will do it all for you.
If you service your bike yourself...........

My Tune Ups Include The Following.......

After you remove your Fairings and Gas Tank.............

1. Check Valves While Engine Is Cold.

2. Check Air Filter and Spark Plugs While Engine Is Cold, Replace or Clean as needed.
I use stock plugs, they are as good as anything else on a stock or slightly modfied engine.

3. Check Head Bearings, or Steering Bearings, whatever you call them.
I put front tire against a wall and let out the clutch a little in second gear to see if any play is in the handle bars

4. Check Chain for wear and proper tension.
I usually wait to lube my chain after I wash my bike and ride it about a mile to warm the chain up then I apply the lube.

5. Check Brakes and Rotor For Wear

6. Check Brake Fluid Level and Color through handlebar master cylinder sightglass

7. Inspect Tires for wear and proper pressure and check wheel bearings if you have your bike on a stand

8. Inspect all Lamps and Indicators

9. Warm Bike up, while bike is warming up, inspect your helmet and clean the visor to kill time.

10. Change oil when engine is warm. Wrap foil or something, I use a cloth diaper, around header to catch
oil from dripping on your header when you remove the filter. If you use foil, put it on before you warm up
the bike, then you can shape it to let all the oil it catches run into a container. Watch that header, it can get
hot !

11. Start bike and check for oil leaks, then synchronize your carbs while the bike is warm.
Carb #2 is your base carb. Valves should be adjusted within spec range before you try and synch the carbs.

12. Check Radiator overflow bottle. If you need to add water, never use Tap Water, USE DISTILLED WATER
ONLY
plus any anti-freeze if you want. Best bet is to use the Honda Coolant already mixed and ready to go.
You could also spend $9.00 on a botle of water wetter, or use two or three drops of dishwashing detergent, it will do the same
thing as water wetter and cost you $8.99 less.
Your bike has an Aluminum Radiator, regular tap water will cause electrolysis that will plug or eat through your
radiator. I run into this problem all the time when I install turbo's on customers miata's. People change their
anti freeze and then use a hose to fill up the cooling system. Then they wonder why their cars run hot.

13. Clean the engine since you have everything removed all ready

14. Reassemble everything, then ride.

I am not saying this is the perfect way of doing an F2 service, but it is the way I do mine.
With Checking the Valves, it takes me about 2.5 hours, longer if Valves need to be adjusted.
That requires math to figure the shim you need, and I suck at math so I have to wait for my
4 year old daughter to come home from Day Care and do the math for me

Old 05-13-2006, 07:28 PM

Just my personal choice but I like the sparkplug that lasts the longest

I've run different plugs in my z28 and I could see no difference...so the easier the plugs are to maintain the better, be it a bike or car

Old 03-06-2021, 05:28 PM

MT Wallet thks

Last edited by vabel; 03-06-2021 at 05:34 PM.