CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

bad wreck, thank god it wasnt me, or you

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 02:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bad wreck, thank god it wasnt me, or you

on my way home from the recording studio i saw a bunch of blue lights up ahead on the road, when i got closer i could tell that a car pulled out of a mcdonalds drive through onto the road, and inbedded in the side of the car was a motorcycle... i mean the bike hit the car so hard it went into it. i couldnt see the driver of the car or bike, so they must have already got them out of there, and it was nighttime so idk if there was blood. but by the looks of it the biker had to of died.

be safe out there guys

Old 02-24-2008, 12:46 PM
Default RE: bad wreck, thank god it wasnt me, or you

its really to bad that such a high percentage of motorcycle accidents are caused by drivers that dont take the time to look. can almost bet that whoever the driver was, was on the phone confirming the order with someone. it should be required to ride a bike for six months to get any kind of drivers license!!!!!

Old 02-24-2008, 12:59 PM

that would improve peoples dirving skills a ton.

but some people are just too stupid to even touch a bike

Old 02-24-2008, 07:15 PM

ORIGINAL: tao_victim

that would improve peoples dirving skills a ton.

but some people are just too stupid to even touch a bike
agreed

Old 02-25-2008, 06:38 AM

Sometimes it's not just the cagers that are the problem! Keep in mind that ignorance makes one set of people look stupid or inconsiderate to another set.
For instance; Lately I have had the dubious pleasure of operating an 18 Wheeler around my State to deliver military goods to our National Guard Armories. It is absolutely amazing to me what people driving cars AND bikes will do around these rigs.A big rigwon't stop in twice the distance ofa car or five times the distance it takes to haul a good sport bike to a stop and yet these morons will pull in front of a loaded semi and crank on the brakes. Driving one of these behemoths has changed the way that I drive AND ride. Also keep in mind that if you are traveling at significantly over the speed limit, you cannot expectGranny, in her 1982 Mercury Zephyrto be looking for you. In a 30 mph zone she is looking for a 30 mph vehicle and if you are doing 50 she just WILL NOT notice you.
I am an ex-Cop and I have read the riot act and writtenlotsof tickets to many a cager who "just didn't see him". But my paranoia, born of being in too many accidents and working with the county coroner on countless"other peoples" wrecks has given me a sixth sense about other drivers. I pretty much expect them to make the stupid move so I'm ALWAYS ready for the "I just didn't see him" idiot out there.Protect yourself, always ride with your helmet and leather and drive/ride defensively. Remember, the cager knows they are relatively safe and they also know how vulnerable you are and they will use that against us. Especially us on sport bikes. Because they just don't like us.

Old 02-25-2008, 08:08 AM

ORIGINAL: rider0033

its really to bad that such a high percentage of motorcycle accidents are caused by drivers that dont take the time to look. can almost bet that whoever the driver was, was on the phone confirming the order with someone. it should be required to ride a bike for six months to get any kind of drivers license!!!!!
If the first half of your statement were true I would agree. However, unless you know the details, you are making an assumption. For example, I knew nothing of this, don't know whether cell phone use is legal, nor do I know the circumstances. Like you, I can assume, but very little. There can be many reasons why a driver doesn't see a motorcyclist. For example, if at night, your are not in the center of the lane, but in the left or right of the lane, an onlooker may suspect your headlight is that of the vehicle beind it. OR, same scenario, only the bike is traveling faster than the vehicle driver judges.

I been on bikes 23 years and it is my responsibility to anticpate situations. Such as leave an exit strategy, scan the environments, etc... I do agree that their are far more distractions that car drivers can be subjected to, but it isn't always their fault. Slow down your thinking and think out your thoughts a little more. Even if it were the driver's fault, we as motorcyclists recognise the dangers involved and, like I said, should always be anticipating situations. In city, or high volume areas, this will involve more.

The second half of your statement is very credible. Just recently, in NYS, they are pushing for laws that will require people to hold a valid license in order to buy a bike from a dealership. I also think that they are pushing for permit holders to take a msf course, and if they have, it will apply toward the total number of hours required prior to taking their licensing road test.

Old 02-25-2008, 02:34 PM

well in 2003 some idiot whipped a pickup in front of me with about ten feet of heads up time (a u turn of all) . launched me over the bed of the truck, cell phone, to busy trying to make a delivery, god knows why he decided to make a u turn right then and there
i was saying if it were manditory for ALL drivers (not just those who choose motorcycles) to spend at least 6 months on a bike and deal with the cut offs, the psycho driver that follows you for miles, the lane changes, and the mom with her hands full in the van slapping and screaming at her kids in traffic. then maybe they would come out of it 6 months later with enough common sense to fill nyquil shot cap!

Old 02-25-2008, 03:08 PM

Here's a summary of NHTSA DOT HS 809 360
Single vehicle motorcycle crashes account for about 45 percent of all motorcyclist fatalities. More than 38,000 motorcyclists have died in single vehicle motorcycle crashes between 1975 and 1999. The report claims to provide data for insight into possible causes for these fatalities.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/Motorcycle-Safety/crash.htm

that leaves what 55% over half is a pretty big percentage

Old 02-25-2008, 11:47 PM

well in 2003 some idiot whipped a pickup in front of me with about ten feet of heads up time (a u turn of all) . launched me over the bed of the truck, cell phone, to busy trying to make a delivery, god knows why he decided to make a u turn right then and there
i was saying if it were manditory for ALL drivers (not just those who choose motorcycles) to spend at least 6 months on a bike and deal with the cut offs, the psycho driver that follows you for miles, the lane changes, and the mom with her hands full in the van slapping and screaming at her kids in traffic. then maybe they would come out of it 6 months later with enough common sense to fill nyquil shot cap!
haha, i had a driver following me the other night, like.. followed me to my destination and i had to get my friends to come out of the house and start walking to the car for them to drive away, talk about sketchy.

Old 02-26-2008, 12:19 PM

ORIGINAL: tao_victim

haha, i had a driver following me the other night, like.. followed me to my destination and i had to get my friends to come out of the house and start walking to the car for them to drive away, talk about sketchy.

yeah no doubt i'm 6 foot and about 220ish and i've had lil ladies follow me for miles. and to this day i havent figured out what it was that i did that offended her so much