CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 600F2 (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f2-16/)
-   -   Aye, aye, aye!!! (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f2-16/aye-aye-aye-151691/)

Wranghondo 04-20-2014 07:43 PM

Aye, aye, aye!!!

My little CBR bit the dust today! I've recently dubbed my CBR the "trainer" bike. I taught my gf how to ride with it, I've recently taught her Sister how to ride on it and today I was letting a young guy (22) that is on my weld crew ride it so he can get his endorsement.

We were at the local bike shop where they have the test course painted on the asphalt in the parking lot. He was doing the "miss the bus" maneuver and locked the front. He pretty much catapulted himself off and to the left of the bike as he was skidding the rear for about six feet.

He wasted the right mirror, scratched the right end of my Gilles Tooling clip on, scratched/cracked all the right side fairings, bent the rear brake lever and scratched the right side engine cover too. He even managed to scrape the front surface of the windscreen!! How the Hell do you do that?

We took it home and gave it the once over three times, fixed the brake lever and went for a ride. He barely got a scratch. A little rub on the left shoulder and he slightly scraped his right Knee. Me? I'd still be laying there crying!

Right after we got back he ordered some cheapo mirrors (same as on the bike) from Fleabay and I informed him that he is my new bestest and brightest mechanic!

outsider 04-24-2014 01:55 PM

You have my sympathy. I've learned a lesson from past experiences. I've loaned out expensive books to friends only to have them returned torn and tattered with the binding coming loose. Speakers that got blown or never returned, CD albums only to have them scratched to the point of being unreadable. No one takes care of my belongings like I do. After a few of these experiences, I don't loan any of my Sh*t to anyone unless I'm 99% sure it will come back in the same condition or they're trustworthy family. Nothing personal, it's just a code life taught me to adhere to. You'll get her back up to snuff :)

PossibleOne 04-24-2014 05:36 PM

Yea, thats rough. I dont let anyone ride mine. I mean, you say its your trainer bike and all that then its one thing. Not as bad for sure. Sounds like a good bit of damage though. Rough when it comes time to pay for those things. I feel for you.

Wranghondo 04-27-2014 10:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, on the bright side, he just received this!
Attachment 29292
When the stuff I'm ordering next Friday comes in we're going to be putting some things on the bike.

JNSRacing 04-29-2014 10:01 AM

I'm assuming he is paying for the stuff, is that right Wrang?

gtcole 04-29-2014 11:34 AM

He should be... His mistake to someone that was being generous and helping, I at least, would feel obligated to fix it as quickly as I could

Wranghondo 04-29-2014 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by JNSRacing (Post 1272545)
I'm assuming he is paying for the stuff, is that right Wrang?

Yeah, he stepped right up and paid for it. I'm buying a bunch of other stuff to get it where I want it so I can ride it a bit this Summer before I put it under the knife this Winter.