CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Any place in NJ carry NGK CR9EH9?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 08:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any place in NJ carry NGK CR9EH9?

I don't want to wait and order it online. I want to go into the store, buy the plugs and get back to this F2 and change out the Spark Plugs. I think they are the problem....

All last week I had the bike running. I haven't turned it on for 3 days and it doesn't want to start. Now, it just cranks but it doesn't want to start. I started flipping switches and turning *****...so now I'm lost.

Anyone know the proper position of the idle adjuster? I just found out what that was from reading a post here.

Petcock is on the ON position, I added a little bit of oil, and still nothing. I'm just amazed that I had it running right 3 days ago and it doesn't want to work now....

Anyways....looking around in the Woodbridge/Rahway/Colonia area that carries these plugs. Any help would be great! Thanks all!

Old 07-06-2009, 09:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Have you tried an auto parts store?

Old 07-06-2009, 09:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

only auto parts store i have ever had luck with is o'riellys

Old 07-06-2009, 09:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Any retailer of NGK products should be able to order them.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:30 AM
Banned

There's a Honda shop in Metuchen which is not that far away from you and they should have what you need.

http://local.yahoo.com/info-29147006...ge%2C+NJ+07095

You really should learn how to use this new-fangled internet thingy a little better. I don't live anywhere near you and found that in about 5 seconds flat...lol. Good luck getting your parts.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:10 AM

The only way it is all 4 plugs causing the problem is if you fouled them, and if you did, you might have other problems in your carbs. Did you ride for a long time with the choke on, or start it up with the choke and then just shut it off? Doing these things can also foul plugs.

Did you take the plugs out yet? They should be a nice tan color, not crispy and white and not wet and brown.

Old 07-07-2009, 03:35 PM

Any napa can order them.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:39 PM

If the idle screw is too far out it may not be able to catch... try screwing that thing in.
Try the petcock in the RES position.
Is the kill switch broken (showing run but wiring still in off position)?
the kickstand could also prevent the bike from starting (though not if it is in neutral).

Old 07-08-2009, 05:41 PM

I know about Metuchen Honda...I've been reading that "stealerships" charge a lot for these small items...

I also did not want to have to wait. I checked with Auto Zone, R&S and they don't carry the plugs, but can order them. They are $6.99 each in both places.

The choke lever was snapped off and it was in the On position. I was testing the bike so I rode it up and down the street putting only 0.2 miles on it.

About the idle screw...I should turn it clockwise right?

I'll try putting the petcock on RES and see what happens. The bike is in neutral so it should start with the kickstand on (that's how I've been starting it for a while)

I'm going to start to check the spark plugs. Since the bike is 2nd hand, i don't have the tool kit with it. So I'm just going to search the forums for a how-to on changing the plugs by removing the gas tank. I sooo hope I don't mess this up.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:20 PM

Ok..c.hecked the plugs... they were dark in color and they smelled like gas... i took all four plugs out and replaced them with brand new ones.... I tried to start it....and it still cranks, but doesn't start.

Quick Reply: Any place in NJ carry NGK CR9EH9?