CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Almost

Old 07-09-2008, 12:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Almost

That little smiley-face just about sums it up...my F2 is almost back on the road. After flaking-out on me abouttwo months ago, and thensitting... waiting... waiting... and waiting some more for me to track down a toolkit so I could pull the spark plugs, it's finallymade itto my mechanic -been there about a week now.

Today he called me to stop by the shop to show me the progress so far and give me an estimate.During which, he gave me a cocky smile and said he was going to have it running f'n good when I got it back.I like the soundof that, and I after today's meeting, I know I can trust him... it's definately in the right hands.

So I've seen it for the first time today, completely naked... doesn't look too bad under there. A little rust where the paint has chipped off the frame and some on the exhaust headers, but overall pretty clean, and that'll give me something to work on when I get it back.

But I gotta admit, I do kinda like the looks ofit without its plastics, hmmm...

Anyway, my mechanic is doing quite a list of stuff:

Install my new electrical wiring harness I bought
Replace spark plugs
Clean the carbs/jets
Replace the starter relay
Replace chain and sprokets
Change clutch cable and upper adjuster
Oil change
Tune-up, and a few other things

He's gotta order a few rubber things that should make it to the island by Friday, so he tells me probably ready by Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. It's officiallysummertime here, and a veryrainy springseason is finally over... Another week, and I'm back on the road. Ahhh, which far awaybeach to go to first?? Or should I go to the mountains?? Regardless, you bet there's gonna be a road trip - even at $4.36 a gallon (ouch!).

I never did find a toolkit, not even at Honda Powersports here on the island- don't know why I didn't think to ask here in the forumabout what else would work to pull those plugs or if anyone had an extratoolkit. If any of you have have one you'd be willing to sell, pleasePM me.

Sorry for so much blah, blah, blah, just excited about getting to ride again. I hope the rest of you are having good riding weather where you liveand are having some fun on your bikes. Looks like I'll be joining you againsoon.

Ride safe, misamigos.

- rey

Old 07-09-2008, 06:11 AM
Default RE: Almost

Don't have an extra one...but I do have this:

http://www.jcwhitney.com/SK-DOUBLE-S...9067_10109.jcw

Old 07-09-2008, 01:15 PM

I'm glad to hear things are comming along for your bike Rey. I do know the feeling of having your ride just sit there or having a mechanic tell you it'll be done next week but next week never comes. Make sure you do a follow up post on your bike when you get it back also just out of curiosity how much was your estimate? I know in Arizona shops charge $65.00 an hour and up.

Jack

Old 07-09-2008, 01:41 PM

glad to hear you almost got her back...
4.36 aint too bad, its 4.27 in cortland, NY.

Im curious about the estimate too..ive never taken anything to be worked on except for tires and allignment(car and bike)

Old 07-09-2008, 11:47 PM

You guys don't have it bad. Its 4.65 where I live for 87. =/ Sucks for my e30.

Old 07-10-2008, 05:50 AM
Banned

Great news rey!! Hope it's only a matter of days for you now...

Old 07-12-2008, 02:28 PM

Thanks for the support, but there's still thePuerto RicoTimeShift Factor to take into account, an island-wide phenomenon. Monday and Tuesday are Wednesday and Thursday, respectively. Friday is sometimes the following Monday, but usually Tuesday - Which leaves Wednesday as Saturday. The only consistant day is Sunday, 'cause they're closed. Hours in a day have a similar shift.

The estimate for all things listed was just under 500. A bit higher than I was hoping, but at this point I don't care, I just want it running.

Thanks for tool suggestions, thoughstill on the market for a toolkit. Anybody know if the one from an F4 will work with ours? Specifically the spark plug wrench.

Anybody know what's up with the stuttering apostrophes?

Old 07-23-2008, 02:01 PM

AAGGHH!! Still waiting...

Search this Thread