CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

all of a sudden won't start

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 12:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default all of a sudden won't start

My 93 CBR 600F2 was running great when I parked it the last time. About a week later one slightly cool morning I went out to start it and it just cranked until the battery died. I ran it for a couple of blocks trying to pop the clutch and still nothing. I knew the battery wasn't all that great so I replaced it, and still nothing. So I went ahead and pulled the tank and checked the fuel lines and they're fine so I'm pretty well lost. Every now and then while cranking it over the exhaust starts to make that deep moan that a subwoofer with a bad ground makes and it occasionally backfires. Anyone have any ideas?[:@]

Old 11-22-2005, 02:40 AM
Default RE: all of a sudden won't start

It seems that a lot of Hondas have fuel issues, I've noticed many posts on the problem.

Old 11-22-2005, 01:44 PM

id say the next step is to check the spark. if it doesnt, check each plug wire. if none of them spark, check all the plugs in the harness. my friends had the same problem and it was just a kill switch wire unplugged under the headlight harness. it cahsed the circuit to be incomplete. as soon as i plugged it back in, it cranked right up. if that doesnt cure it, check your rectifier fo see if it has any resistance. all you need is an ohm meter. also, checkthe stator. to check that, you will need to drain the oil and pull the left side cover. check for continuity. between each of the 3 wires to the stator and the 3 plugs at the harness under the seat. they should be 3 yellow wire. if it comes to that, i can give you a more detailed description. if all of that is good and there are no breaks in any of the wires, it is possibly the cdi box. i have an extra one if you need it. i bought one because i thought that was the problem and it wasnt. most people dont want to tackle it because they dont want to go through the hassle of checking the wires. just use the ohm meter and check one end of one wire to its termination point. if the wire is broken, it wont read on the meter and you just have to chase that wire and fix the break

Old 11-23-2005, 08:14 PM

Fouled plugs.

Old 11-23-2005, 09:55 PM

thanks for the suggestions, hopefully I'll get a chance to look at it this weekend and try to get it running. Thanks again

Old 11-28-2005, 12:26 AM

wanted to write and thank everyone for the feedback, I did finally get it running today. I've been an auto mech for about 8 years now in the military and kinda new bikes weren't much different but I had never worked on one until this one just went down on me. I told my brother in law and my dad a couple of weeks ago that I thought the plugs were probably fouled, but was told to find some people who knew more about these types of bikes and go ahead and see what they thought. So after asking you guys what you thought we went through earlier and checked everything and it all seemed fine, so my brother in law asked if I had ever checked the plugs. I let him know I hadn't cause I didn't have any kind of tool to get them out. Turns out the spark plug socket is missing from my tool kit but he was able to get a hold of one. Sure enough four new spark plugs and a half hour later and she was running great again. Thanks for all the input guys.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3652/AFED19735A394A1D842FB10F70C47B13.jpg[/IMG]