CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 600F2 (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f2-16/)
-   -   AFTER MARKET EXHAUST, SLIP ON"S (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f2-16/after-market-exhaust-slip-s-19865/)

city worker 08-01-2006 10:32 PM

AFTER MARKET EXHAUST, SLIP ON"S

Been thinkin about a after market slip on, do I need to do any rejetting or any thing else ??? or can I just install the slip on and ride ??? Mines a cali model if it makes a diff. I am lookin for a pipe to increase the power and a " good sound"..... THANKS :D

bindelsf2 08-02-2006 12:03 AM

RE: AFTER MARKET EXHAUST, SLIP ON"S

yoshimura RS-3 all the way!! only bad thing is that every other bike has one on it.... but that must be for a reason right! i rejetted mine with the pipe but i dont think that you HAVE to.

mikequinn 08-02-2006 08:11 AM

Ive been running an aftermarket can on mine for 18months now and it runs fine on the stock settings :D
I've taken the removable baffle out too sounds awsome.

FUF2 08-02-2006 06:10 PM

It would probably be a good idea to rejet it, but it's your choice.
Rejetting will ensure the correct air/fuel mixture, with the new pipe flowing more air, you want to bump up the fuel also to keep the mix at it's best.
Running too lean could down the road cause a burnt valve, running rich is ok.
I don't know much on the F2s, but the jet should be cheap, easy, and worth it in my opinion.

richterat83 08-02-2006 08:02 PM

ORIGINAL: mikequinn

Ive been running an aftermarket can on mine for 18months now and it runs fine on the stock settings :D

Can I ask how or where you had a removable baffle? I've got the Yoshi slip on, but, only because it came with the bike. It's not super loud, but, not completly quite. But, if there is a removable baffle, I'm all for attemtping to take that beast out!!

Oh, and, City worker, you can run a slip on without any other engine mods. If you were to do a full exhaust, yeah, you'll need to rejet.

Tylor

mikequinn 08-02-2006 08:39 PM

the baffle is on the out pipe just a pop rivet holding it in on most aftermarket exhausts.

The jetting is not critical with after market exhaust it's just more of a gimick to give you more horses with the pipe.
the jetting will do the same without changing the exhaust.
removing the baffle just stops the restriction of gas flow, helping the engine to breath more easily
thats why racers do if for the track.
trust me Ive been fixing bikes for more than 30 yrs
racers toooooooooo vroooooooooooom

yours might have a circlip holding it in on the end of the pipe
if it dosent its already been taken out

city worker 08-03-2006 12:34 AM

THANK YOU !!!!:D

ORIGINAL: cbrjeeper

ORIGINAL: mikequinn

Can I ask how or where you had a removable baffle? I've got the Yoshi slip on, but, only because it came with the bike. It's not super loud, but, not completly quite. But, if there is a removable baffle, I'm all for attemtping to take that beast out!!

Oh, and, City worker, you can run a slip on without any other engine mods. If you were to do a full exhaust, yeah, you'll need to rejet.

Tylor

mikequinn 08-03-2006 07:22 AM

You don't need to rejet trust me :D

city worker 08-04-2006 10:06 PM

So is "Yoshi" the good guy pipe ?? what do you guys suggest ????

richterat83 08-07-2006 01:09 AM

The Yoshi is a good pipe. I havn't found anything wrong with it, but, as stated, EVERYONE HAS ONE!! If you're going to buy a new pipe, the Two Brother's pipes sound meaner than the Yoshi. That is who I'd buy my pipe from if I were to get a new one. Just my thoughts on it

But, everyone has thier own tastes in what they want the bike to sound like.

Tylor