CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 06:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I understand. I love my old F2, and if I was a single man I would spend alot more on it. Also if your going to put a bunch of fake cf on it might as well put some 1000rr stickers on it too. Really fake em out.

Old 09-26-2011, 07:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Putting all of those parts on your bike in REAL carbon fiber is literally the equivelant of putting lipstick on a pig. You just shaved 2 ounces off, whoop dee doo!

If you're doing it for looks: Get the carbon fiber look a like stuff, and try and justify how you aren't a poser.

If you're doing it for weight loss: For half the money of all of those parts in real carbonfiber you can get a lithium ion battery and actually shave off 4-7 lbs.

Old 09-26-2011, 07:07 PM

Man, you guys are harsh around here. I simply like the look of the carbon fiber stuff. I could care less about loosing weight on the bike. I am using this bike to mainly commute back and forth to work on.

I came to this site to learn things about the bikes, not get a bunch of **** for things that other people think is dumb.

Old 09-26-2011, 08:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just giving you a hard time. Take it easy. Enjoy your bike. They are great bikes. Enjoy modding it the way you want, to me its almost as much fun modding as it is riding. My F2 is track only so most of my mods are function, but I have done a few things for looks. If you have any questions, ask, there are plenty of people on here to help. Have fun.

Old 09-26-2011, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Boilerup15

I came to this site to learn things about the bikes, not get a bunch of **** for things that other people think is dumb.
I'm not trying to start with you or anything but If someone posts something, they just subjected themselves to the criticism that comes with that post, good or bad. It's easy to ignore the idiots.

As far as putting a bunch of carbon fiber and other flashy expensive parts on a 20 odd year old bike, it's all up to the owner. If you have the money to waste then go for it! Just don't expect it back when you're trying to sell the bike or worst yet when you dump the bike.

Old 09-26-2011, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Triniboi215
I'm not trying to start with you or anything but If someone posts something, they just subjected themselves to the criticism that comes with that post, good or bad. It's easy to ignore the idiots.

As far as putting a bunch of carbon fiber and other flashy expensive parts on a 20 odd year old bike, it's all up to the owner. If you have the money to waste then go for it! Just don't expect it back when you're trying to sell the bike or worst yet when you dump the bike.
I'm not trying to start anything with anyone. No I am not putting REAL carbon fiber parts on my bike, they will be looks only and I'm ok with that. I understand when I post I am subject to criticism, but I don't expect to be called a poser and what not. A simple answer to my question about where a good place to buy the parts would have been fine, or no answer at all. I am here to learn and get to know people and create friendships with other riders.

Old 09-26-2011, 11:00 PM

Well there you go bro just do what you like to do. As far as people calling you a poser, you can leave them in back in highschool where they belong!

I own an f2 myself and I'm going to mod it as much as possible because it's mine! I'm going to take the hands on approach as far as doing everything myself even the paint job. My advice to you, like I said a couple of posts back is to take things slow and sift through the net to find the best prices for what you're looking for. You'd be surprised at how some people just don't know what they have and sell it for cheap!

Old 09-26-2011, 11:50 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah...luv those old school bikes!!!! Maintain a sound
Engine...cosmetic will follow slowly...it's endless what you buy for any bikes......Later version bikes of course are nice too...more costly up front though? Of course best of both world you own 2 or 3 bikes...LOL...and then a car, a house & boat...

Originally Posted by Boilerup15
I understand your concern. I get all parts a dealership cost. My best friends dad runs the parts department at our local Honda dealership. I am going to fix this bike up how I want it because I don't plan on buying a newer one. I bought an older one because I am a big fan of old school bikes.

Old 09-26-2011, 11:53 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

get a lithium ion battery and actually shave off 4-7 lbs.

That's great point...i will look into lithium ion battery when mine is due to be replaced...how much those cost Vs. Regular ones?

Old 09-27-2011, 11:25 AM

So does anyone have any suggestions on where to buy this stuff?

Quick Reply: Advice needed