CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

94 F2 project

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 10:49 AM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sweet... looks like you're making some progress!

Old 04-01-2013, 12:34 PM
Welcome Crew
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm trying. Taking a bit but that's life. The lost is getting shorter though lol

Old 04-01-2013, 07:29 PM
Welcome Crew

Sucess!!!!!! Managed to get everything out of the gas tank finally. Magnet didn't work neither did shaking the thing. So I did what any other broke guy would do.... Stole the fiancees vacuum lol. Worked like a charm. Five miutes and all was clean.

Old 04-07-2013, 06:38 PM
Welcome Crew

Snatched my carbs back off. Something just wasnt sitting right with me. Anyway blew em apart, checked the fuel line again and low and behold, leaves and paint chips in between 3 and 4. They are sitting on the counter now. Needed float gaskets anyway. oh and fwiw, K&n, Yoshi slip on (that was welded on) and factory 135...... need to get her on the road to tune her I see.... Now off to find a good base.

Old 04-28-2013, 04:26 PM
Welcome Crew

hey all... been a little busy so work hasn't progressed much. Still waiting on parts. On a totally different note, I was messing around today and a friend of mine gave me the fairings he bought for an 07 rr..... yeah mids and lowers dont even look like they half way kinda wanna match lol. But after a couple beers and idle chat, the question was raised, more like challenge... as to whether I could successfully blend the 07 upper and f2 sides. Hmmm.... Now I guess I should say ahead of time, I get in more trouble because someone tells me I cant do something then the average person. Anywho, long story short, I took one of the uppers, and the only f2 side I have and threw them up real quick just to see if it was possible and just how much work would be required. Doesn't look like a whole lot to me. Of course, I am used to customizing cars and trucks so I said no problem. Now keep in mind this is just about a two minute duct tape mock up. But it really got me thinking. okay here ya'll go, flame away. But the real question is, should I attempt it? I'm probably going to do this side anyway just cause I have nothing better to do. Just curious as to others takes on it. I have all the fairings for the front except the headlight covers and under spoiler.

I see a fill panel, and some filling for tank and access door mounting. but again, it really doesnt look too difficult. Jut alot of careful trimming. K comment away.

Old 04-29-2013, 03:49 PM

I'd say try it out. If you have the knowledge to do it then why not. The f2 is definitely an awesome bike the way it was but I didnt like the headlight at all thats why I converted mine.

I currently have it like that but mine are 05 mids so they are different, I just cut up my f2 lower for now till I get the rr lowers in the mail. Goodluck with your attempt to do this, its pretty fun in the process and awesome once its done.

Old 04-29-2013, 04:38 PM
Welcome Crew

That was my thoughts. I have to buy fairings anyway. These are free so might as well see what it looks like. The only thing I dislike about the f2 body is headlight and seats. I like how it hides the frame and blends with the tank. So if I can manage the 07 front with 03 tail and f2 sides and it not look stupid, that's what I'll do.... Cheaper then a fairing set too.

Old 04-29-2013, 04:47 PM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gtcole
That was my thoughts. I have to buy fairings anyway. These are free so might as well see what it looks like. The only thing I dislike about the f2 body is headlight and seats. I like how it hides the frame and blends with the tank. So if I can manage the 07 front with 03 tail and f2 sides and it not look stupid, that's what I'll do.... Cheaper then a fairing set too.
Free is always cheaper!!

Old 04-29-2013, 09:56 PM

Sounds good and well they are free. What 03 tail do you plan on using?

The only real hard part, as in trying to make them flush from the mids and lowers, is always remember the f2 lowers cover the whole frame, and the 07 1krr does not so there will be plenty of work to do to make them sit flush, especially the frame part. I would say you are better off buying lowers also to make it look cleaner. You would also have a problem with the inner fairing since the f2 and 1krr are very different.

Old 04-30-2013, 05:56 AM
Welcome Crew

The fairings are from an 07 600rr. I have uppers and lowers, front and right mid. Given how they mount though only the uppers and front look like they would work.... I mocked up the whole right side and the lowers are just way too different. The way the 07s engine cases are made a little different and it won't line up and look decent in my opinion. The 07 upper fairing is what's in the pic. Havent figured out a way to mock up the front yet. Have to find a way to stabalize the fairing stay without cutting up the original. As for the 03, I was thinking an 03 600rr tail based on the split seat and how much of the frame it covers. That would make it 07 600rr front and upper blended into f2 sides with an 03 600rr tail. In my mind it looks good. Figured I'd play with what I have and see. Worst case I have to buy a fairing set, which I was planning in anyway. And if I do buy fairings, they will be from either an 03 600rr or a 04 1000rr. Something I like about the aggresive; angular headlights.

Quick Reply: 94 F2 project