CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

'93 F2 Mods - Phase 1

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 09:03 PM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here's some shots with the finished race plastic (with the exception of buffing) mounted on the bike.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:14 AM

I re-used a previous backdrop to get a couple of nicer looking shots of the new setup.

Last edited by JNSRacing; 09-25-2012 at 09:38 AM.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:10 AM

And Phase 1 is finished - with the current setup being the starting point for Phase 2.

My plan is to aquire another F2 with a decent motor and gearbox, that I can ride on the street, so that I can continue with modifications to this machine, keeping it "race only". I'm not looking for a total basket case, but cosmetics in the plastics department are irrelevant, since I have the Hong Kong street plastics that I can put on... I'm just looking for a straight frame and forks, good running motor and gearbox, good brakes, decent looking wheels, that won't need to be powder coated to look nice, and no fluid leaks of any sort - a street legal title would be preferrable, so that I don't have to do a frame swap.
If any one has one to unload, for a reasonable cost, or knows of one that's available, let me know.

Old 09-25-2012, 12:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dam, your bike looks sooooooo good! I'd make mine look better, but the elbow grease, time, and money almost dont seem worth it for a track only bike that going to get wadded up eventually. Doing track days, its not "if I'm going to crash, its when". But either way, your bike is smoking hot!

Old 09-25-2012, 02:06 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JNSRacing
And Phase 1 is finished - with the current setup being the starting point for Phase 2.

My plan is to aquire another F2 with a decent motor and gearbox, that I can ride on the street, so that I can continue with modifications to this machine, keeping it "race only". I'm not looking for a total basket case, but cosmetics in the plastics department are irrelevant, since I have the Hong Kong street plastics that I can put on... I'm just looking for a straight frame and forks, good running motor and gearbox, good brakes, decent looking wheels, that won't need to be powder coated to look nice, and no fluid leaks of any sort - a street legal title would be preferrable, so that I don't have to do a frame swap.
If any one has one to unload, for a reasonable cost, or knows of one that's available, let me know.
did the one near me not pan out?

here's an F3 about 45 minutes away - $600 No title, but all F3 running gear might make a frame swap worth it. Month old post though.
edit: nevermind it is already gone.

Last edited by adrenalnjunky; 09-25-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:15 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't always post in your thread but I do enjoy checking it out everyday to see what's new. :-)

Old 09-26-2012, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by coalminer frank
Dam, your bike looks sooooooo good! I'd make mine look better, but the elbow grease, time, and money almost dont seem worth it for a track only bike that going to get wadded up eventually. Doing track days, its not "if I'm going to crash, its when". But either way, your bike is smoking hot!
Thanks, Frank... sometimes I wish I didn't start with such a clean specimen, since racing will involve inevitable crashes, but the thing is, how good that bike looked when I got it, was also a reflection of the maintenance and care that had been involved, which leaves me with mechanical excellence as well. It's nice to know when I'm out on track, that I'm not going to have an engine or gearbox failure that was a result of past neglect! I'm not saying this thing will never die, and doodoo DOES happen, but these things do last a looooooong time, even when flogged hard, IF they've been well maintained.

Old 09-26-2012, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by adrenalnjunky
did the one near me not pan out?...
Honestly, I haven't pursued it yet, as I'm trying to avoid a ten hour drive, if I can.
I mean, I would even drive 15 hours, if I was going to score exactly what I need, for a super-cheap price, but I definitely have to weigh in the cost of fuel pulling a trailer for a considerable distance, so I'm hoping to get something from here in Kansas, or one of the bordering states, if possible.

Old 09-26-2012, 11:04 AM

Understood, and for me, I'm just not interested in buying it myself and repairing. although for the $$$ i could probably part it out and make some money, esp if the china fairings are as he says they are, and he has clean title to the frame.

I might see if a buddy is interested in financing it and letting me do the work to split the profit.

Old 09-26-2012, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by JNSRacing
Also, Junky, I forgot to ask you something...

I've finally decided to chase down a good running F2, cosmetics are irrelevant, as I have my "street clothes" for this bike, that I can use on another one - this way I can leave this one in race trim, and not keep swapping it back and forth, which is a royal pain! I found one in West Monroe, for $800, that only needs a few things done (allegedly) - since West Monroe is a relatively small town, I wondered if you happen to know of a fellow that's selling one, and maybe it's my guy. Here is the Craigslist link:

1994 cbr 600 f2

Tell me if you know this guy.
More I thought about it, I decided I might pick it up and part it if it was in good enough shape. The new plastics I figured I could sell on here for half his asking price alone. Texted the guy and he says it already sold. Womp-womp.

Quick Reply: '93 F2 Mods - Phase 1