CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

93' F2 front fender brackets

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 05:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93' F2 front fender brackets

What's up everyone, long time not being on here haven't really had the time. Quick question, when I bought my repsol fairings for my F2 it came with the front fender and I suppose I had the correct brackets or whatever it is that holds it in place, well I had newer forks replaced onto my bike by my mechanic and well he couldn't put on the front fender because he said he needed the brackets, I was wondering is he just talking bull**** or does someone on here actually know what he means? And if anyone here is willing to sell a pair because I've been wanting my front fender on, bike doesn't look right without it. Thanks.

Old 05-19-2013, 09:32 AM
Welcome Crew
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not quite sure what you mean by brackets. The forks you had installed, are they from an f2? The only thing I have on my front fender are two small metal pieces to hold the brake lines and reflectors. The other pieces look like the little metal clips on car trim that act as nuts for bolts to thread into. Here is a pic of the stock F2 fender and mounting hardware. If you have these, I don't see why you cant reuse them, regardless of forks.

If the fender fits, and the holes line up, it shouldnt be too difficult to hold it on with some nuts and bolts. Though I would suggest nylon washers between all metal and fairings. Good luck, hope this helps. If you need me to, I can take a pic of my stock fender today before I take it off, although some things are missing, may give you a better idea.

Old 05-19-2013, 03:13 PM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by USMC_Arango
Quick question, when I bought my repsol fairings for my F2 it came with the front fender and I suppose I had the correct brackets or whatever it is that holds it in place, well I had newer forks replaced onto my bike by my mechanic and well he couldn't put on the front fender because he said he needed the brackets, I was wondering is he just talking bull**** or does someone on here actually know what he means?
What to you mean when you say "newer forks"? If these are from a completely different bike, then you're going to need a fender for that bike, or use some creativity in making some kind of adapters for mounting the fender.

At any rate, shoot some pics of the front end, and/or give some details about these forks.

Like GTCole alluded to already, the only brackets used at the fender, involve the mounting for the reflectors, and the piping for the 1 into 2 front brake line setup.

Old 05-19-2013, 04:11 PM
Welcome Crew
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

k, first off, excuse the sad shape of my bike, its a work in progress. I got to do a little work/cleanup today and snatched the front fender off to see if I could figure out what "brackets" were missing. Assuming you have f2 forks, yours should be similar to these.

Fender mounted to the bike:

Mount behind the fork. This is where the brake line/ side marker bracket mounts:

Inside of said fender:

This is the only bracket involved in mounting my fender. Its made into the fork tube.

Like JNS said, if the forks are off a different model, then you will either have to fabricate a mount or get a fender from the ame model the forks are off of. Hope that helps some.