CBR 600F 1987 - 1990 CBR 600F Forum

wow

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 10:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wow

I finally got a chance to ride my hurricane after a week and I must say I am in love. So, much so here is what I'll be doing over the next year.

Here are some of the items I will be modding or overhauling:

-LED tail light converison
-HID converison - upgraded to silverstars for now
-New side mirrors (updated)
-New sub frame with a newer CBR rear end 94 or newer
-Ecliptech RPM gauge en route to my house
-Gear shift indicator - pending on what is worth my time
-Clean up header, paint and or wrap
-New Clutch and brake levers
-Clean the carbs and jet'em
-Change paint scheme
-Change oil - Put in Royal Purple already

80% of the work I will be doing myself and will have to find a welder to help me out with the subframe once I get the bits sorted.

here is a before and you'll see the progression if my funds keep coming in

Old 05-25-2009, 06:14 AM
Unhappy

No offense is intended here, but I truly hate to hear that you're gonna butcher that fine example of a classic bike.

Old 05-25-2009, 08:42 PM

No offense taken, Don't get me wrong as I love the old skool bikes. I merely want to imrove upon what I have. The subframe is the last on my list but, the rest of the items are needed inregards to a safety stand point.

This includes:

-Mirrors
-Lighting (front and back)

As for the RPM gauge this is something that I want as an added touch as well as the Gauge indicator. Do I want to destroy a classic? Heck no, however, the paint needs to be touched up as the previous owner had dropped it twice.

What ruins a classic is streetfighter mods. I've always been a clean modder for any vehicle I've done as I am not into the fast and furious.

So, I know folks either hate it or like it and that is perfectly fine by me.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:03 AM

I bought my 87 'cane from Flykitty a couple years ago

I've been watching their inventory for just the right F4i to come along... but the budget's been a little tight. They had 3 or 4 F2's at one point, incl. the one you seem to have bought. Enjoy it!

Old 05-26-2009, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Measuredpath
No offense taken, Don't get me wrong as I love the old skool bikes. I merely want to imrove upon what I have. The subframe is the last on my list but, the rest of the items are needed inregards to a safety stand point.

This includes:

-Mirrors
-Lighting (front and back)

As for the RPM gauge this is something that I want as an added touch as well as the Gauge indicator. Do I want to destroy a classic? Heck no, however, the paint needs to be touched up as the previous owner had dropped it twice.

What ruins a classic is streetfighter mods. I've always been a clean modder for any vehicle I've done as I am not into the fast and furious.

So, I know folks either hate it or like it and that is perfectly fine by me.
I see we think a lot alike, it just looks like your bike is in pretty good shape and could be restored easily. I'm a sucker for originals. I would like to build a streetfighter, but I'd start with a bike in much worse condition than the pic indicates yours is. Good luck on your project, and stay safe!!!

Old 05-26-2009, 09:35 PM

I should note that my bike is very close to the one pictured above. I must give credit to Flykitty for the picture. As I noted though the previous owner had dropped the bike twice at low speed hence the overhaul in some areas. Otherwise it is in great condition

Old 05-27-2009, 09:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mod away!

Old 05-27-2009, 10:01 AM

so the pic is not of your actual bike? because the one in the pic looks nearly mint, I would gladly trade you even for mine as it could use some help if you are going to be redoing it anyway