CBR 600F 1987 - 1990 CBR 600F Forum

Well here it is !

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 06:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Well here it is !

Pic's of intake snorkel modification to correct high speed bogg.

http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...rue&interval=3

Old 11-15-2006, 07:50 PM

Thanks you SIRR1, that's exactly what I needed.

Old 11-30-2006, 04:29 PM

Interesting side note to my SF project.

This past Thanksgiving weekend both Friday and Saturday we had a break in the weather here in the Midwest with temps in the low 70's so this gave me a chance to really give the old cane a good run for the money.

On Friday I rode with 2 friends, one on a KLR650 Supermoto and the other on a Triumph Speed triple.

We rode the upper bluff roads from Columbia Illinois to Chester Illinois and back. Twisty, hilly, curvy two lane roads that run along the bluffs over looking the Mississippi river.

Now my riding partners are quite vursed on two wheels having run Deals Gap with them several times and this being my first real run on the cane we are all very comfortable riding wheel to wheel at speeds with each other knowing that one would crash before taking out another.

Anyway, we started running the Bluff road with the triple out front and the KLR and then myself at the rear. I really wanted to run the cane to test the brakes, suspension and just to see how well she would run on the twistys and just to make sure that nothing would fall off or come loose being this was the first run.

After about 10 miles I started to feel comforatable on the cane and started to press the KLR's *** end in the corners and on the straights not really looking to pass just run in the corners and hammer it comming out.

I do have to say the 20 year old Hurricane Street fighter ran very well, the only problem I had all weekend was a leak in the gasket between the slip on muffler and the header which gave the Hurricane a high pitch bird chirp sound as I passed the KLR on the straights, and a blown right fork seal which I bottomed out hard in a corner.

We rode about 130 miles both days and the Hurricane averaged 44.3 miles per gallon running hard in the twistys all day, so I am very pleased with the project to date.

One thing interesting I found, is that when I put my feet up on the crash pegs at highway cruising speed (65-70) and my legs tucked in next to the tank the motor bogged when I rolled on the gas. Hmmm. so I would open my legs up away from the tank and the bike ran fine, tuck in my legs and hit the gas and bogg, hmmmm.

So, I assume that with my legs in against the tank it creates a vaccum and it affects the air/fuel flow into the carbs. So I just kept my legs off the tank sides and enjoyed the ride!

We rode the same route on Saturday with another friend on a SV650 and he rode 3rd right behind the KLR and the tripple and he was not at all pleased, I smoked him in the corners and out, down the straights and back in the corners, it was great and he was pissed.

It got to the point where he would just wave me by him because he could not keep up the pace and he made the comment he was going to sell the SV this spring for something else, I said I have a Hurricane for sale and He flipped me off and we all laughed.

So yes, I figured out what all of the hype is about on this old motorcycle, she flat out runs very well and I am glad I took the time and money to go from the salvage yard to street fighter!!

John

Old 12-05-2006, 01:47 PM

john is it possible that you're pinching the gass line a lil when your legs are tucked against the tank?

Old 12-05-2006, 04:31 PM

Jersey,

no, the fuel line is behind the left side panel and not piched.

This only happens in 6th gear running 55-70 with my feet on the crash bobbins and my legs against the tank.