CBR 600F 1987 - 1990 CBR 600F Forum

street fighter front end

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 11:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default street fighter front end

I have been looking at doing a street fighter front end with a 600rr race tail swap(foam seat). My question doenst deal with a 600rr tail swap but it deals with the street fighter frontend. When doing a street fighter front end where does everyone hide the fuse box and the wiring harness connectors. i dont know if i want to stuff them behind the radiator but that is the only place i can think of without it looking out of place. I was planning on running driving lights for the headlights(2 of them). One was going to be on all the time and the other one was going to be wired up to the high beam switch. can anyone give me some input to hide that stuff. thanks everyone.

Jim

Old 09-07-2007, 02:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: street fighter front end

are you planning to shield the backside of the instrument cluster? or are you going to run a different set of clocks? if you plan on getting a fly screen you may be able to put the fuses and such between that and the guage cluster. or if you really want to put some work into it, relocate it all to the undertail with an access panel just in case you need to get to the fuses. if it were me, i would find another loom on ebay and then modify it, if something doesn't work, you can reference the original loom.

way back i used to run a set of piaa lights. i had them hooked up straight into the electrical system. it worked great but for one problem, if i left the key on too long, the lights would drain the battery quite quickly. so i ended up putting them on a seperate switch that i could turn on after i got the bike started. i never measured what the draw was from those lights, but it must have been way more than the oem light. they were bright as a mother.

Old 09-07-2007, 08:24 PM

i was planning on moddifying my windscreen and making a custom mount for itto protect the guages. thanks for the advise i am probably going to start it in a week or 2 but who knows i might start it later this week on thrusday and have it done by friday. who knows! ill keep you guys posted

Old 09-07-2007, 11:53 PM

87F1 Street fighter

http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...rricane%20SF3/

SF head light?

http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...r%20Headlight/

F3 shock linkage upgrade

http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...icane%20Shock/

polished front rim

http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...20Front%20Rim/

polished rear rim

http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...%20Rear%20Rim/

if you remove the fairings you will need to mod your air box by removing and plugging up the snorkel.
then drill holes in the top of the air box, otherwise you will stall at high speed.

Pm me if you need some help with your project.

Old 09-08-2007, 12:19 AM

Hey SIRR1...

What bars are those and how do I go about doin that to mine? I have been thinkin about runnin some motox bars but how do you mount them up?

[IMG]local://upfiles/19887/8151C3FE193046E293E4E114C9411CD4.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-08-2007, 07:22 PM

So, where are all the wires on that 87F1 Street fighter? Just behind the headlights?

Old 09-19-2007, 10:28 PM

I really dont see any reason why you should have to change the airbox any. Will it really cause trouble to leave the snorkels hooked up to the frame piping, and just pulling air from below the gauges? I dont know, as i havent done any high speed driving with my bike, and it has the front fairing with no pipes or covers connecting the fairing to the snorkels.

Old 09-20-2007, 10:46 AM

ORIGINAL: hawgy

Hey SIRR1...

What bars are those and how do I go about doin that to mine? I have been thinkin about runnin some motox bars but how do you mount them up?

[IMG]local://upfiles/19887/8151C3FE193046E293E4E114C9411CD4.jpg[/IMG]
The bars are protaper and the risers are off a crashed 07 HondaSpirit 750.

My friend own the local Honda Shop and the mechanicstheir save me parts off of crashed bikes, thats where I got the bar risers.

I drilled the risers out to accept the 1-1/8 inchprotaper bars.

FYI, if you know where some old Honda 750, 550, 360's are lying around, these bikes had bolted on handle bar risers, so you could scavange the risers and use them on the F1 street fighter on the cheep and mount a standard set of MX or dirt trackers bars and your ready to roll !

Old 09-20-2007, 10:48 AM

ORIGINAL: f3racer

ORIGINAL: daytonatrbo

I really dont see any reason why you should have to change the airbox any. Will it really cause trouble to leave the snorkels hooked up to the frame piping, and just pulling air from below the gauges? I dont know, as i havent done any high speed driving with my bike, and it has the front fairing with no pipes or covers connecting the fairing to the snorkels.
with the fairings removed the air is not longer routed toward the snorkel. now there is turbulance and a vacuum making the engine work much harder to draw in air from the front of the bike. if you remove the snorkel then the bike can draw clean undisturbed air from under the tank.
Well Said, perfect reply !!!

Quick Reply: street fighter front end