Old 07-18-2007, 01:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default [Deleted]

ad

Last edited by Scythe525; 01-19-2021 at 08:56 AM. Reason: dfsdf
Old 07-18-2007, 01:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Solo seat for sale on ebay

i had one, never painted it though since i did a tail swap. you have to mount it yourself, airtech (the manufacturer) will recommend velcro. they also sell a one piece tail with the solo seat cowl embedded.

you can also buy these from airtech for about $50, so dont spend too much on that auction if you decide to buy it, and as an fyi, the picture in the auction is the one from aitech's site, so just check the seller's feedback.

http://airtech-streamlining.com/hond...00F1198790.htm

here are some i took of mine when i sold it on ebay.

Old 07-18-2007, 03:12 PM

I have one of these for my bike. But mine is not like the one in the pictures. I mean it looks like it, but mine actually bolts to the seat bolts, and has a tab to pop it into the rubber gromet on the back that the stock uses. Not sure where mine came from. I got it with the bike. It is the same color and all. I am actually going to install this on friday. I am also cutting the rear fender off the chain guard so i can use the chain guard. It also is painted like my bike. I dont like the fender though. Both pieces are at my dads right now. I will be going up friday after work to put mine on the bike. I will take pics of how it looks before i put it on, and how it looks with it on. Mine is different then the one above though. Not looks whise, but mine has mounting hardware. Thanks

Old 07-18-2007, 03:22 PM

I sold one of these not too long ago. You have to remove the rear tail cowl above the taillight and mount it with 2 sided tape to the seat. Looked like a pain in the @ss to me so I got rid of it. It had to be painted as well. Unless you are into rigging stuff up, I would pass.

BTW: There are some dumb people out there, I sold mine for $85 plus shipping, this is the first I have heard you can still buy it new. I kinda feel bad, but not really [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 07-18-2007, 04:09 PM

Mine doesnt need 2 sided tape. It has mounting tabs that go around the seat and bolt on using the seat bolts. I will take pics on friday night. I am not sure where it came from, but it was not made this way by anyone. It came like that. So somewhere else must supply these. I am happy to have mine after reading this. Apparently i have a popular fully functional cool piece.. hehe

Old 07-18-2007, 05:35 PM

yellow, yours bolts on where the seat bolts on? where do the brackets get around the seat? you need to take some pics of that so we can see it, sure is interesting and nothing i have seen before. i had thought about making a part that snapped in the grommet before i sold it.

i think i sold mine for liek $50-60...lets see if ebay still has it recorded....nope, oh well.

Old 07-18-2007, 05:48 PM

I will post the pics on friday. It has the tabs to bolt on. It slides over the seat, and then attached with the seat bolts. In the rear it has the grommet to snap in.

Old 07-18-2007, 09:03 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...83651&rd=1

Off topic I guess...

Old 07-19-2007, 08:01 AM

I will go get it tonight after work and post pics. Prolly wont be able to put it on unless the rain stops, but i will take pics to show the tabs and grommet.. So check back tonight around 7ish Central time..

Old 07-19-2007, 09:05 AM

stupid rain, i have barely gotten to ride with these damn thunderstorms! look at this CRAP!

Quick Reply: Solo seat for sale on ebay