CBR 600F 1987 - 1990 CBR 600F Forum

RR Conversion Bike Coming To Life

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 06:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm. I'll try to remember to have a look at the wiring diagram tonight and see if I can come up with a way to make it work..

Old 04-23-2017, 08:35 PM

Since I barged in on Denny's original thread a few years ago when I started my HuRRicane, and since a lot of the pics I posted were lost I thought it would be appropriate to barge in again and post up a pic and video link of the current state of the bike. It got a recent repaint with satin ceramic urethane and some new decals. Will hopefully be headed to its new owner in a couple of weeks.

Old 04-25-2017, 04:23 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your sending her down the road Doc? I can't ever do that with mine. I've bought and sold a bunch of bikes since this post last year. I bought a 2007 VFR 800 anniversary bike last year just before the snow flew. It went out the door before the snow melted for a $2K profit. All I did was clean it up and detail it. Now I'm doing a Harley springer that I bought for a song. It was put down lightly...looks like a show bike now. Took it for a ride Saturday and noticed the bars a tweeted a tiny bit...will change them out.

Old 04-26-2017, 10:38 AM

Yes, hopefully it is going to my son's friend, as his first bike. Since I got my Aprilia Mille I have not been riding it at all. My moto project energy has been going into a CB77 that I am hoping to run at Bonneville this summer. Lots of work left to do and parts to buy for that project, so the CBR needs to move on. Then there's the CB750 in the garage that my son and I are fixing up for him. The CBR was a fun project and great learning experience. I have enjoyed getting it spiffed up to sell. The baked ceramic urethane engine paint has turned out to be a nice hard finish that seems quite resistant to gasoline.

Old 04-26-2017, 04:13 PM

Always too many projects. I've been thinning the herd to get my concentration back. Hope your Honda's are fun for you.

Old 07-22-2017, 11:05 PM

I just stumbled upon your thread and I wanted to say the aesthetics of your bike is absolutely amazing! I just bought my first bike bike and am looking into doing the tail conversion. I was wondering if you could point me in the direction of some parts....as you can see in my avatar, the previous owner did quite a number on this thing, but I love projects and seeing things come together.

Old 07-23-2017, 08:06 AM

Thanks for the positive comments. The bike turned out pretty nice.

I'm not quite sure what your asking. If your looking for parts I usually buy them on eBay or craigslist.

If your asking about how to do the tail you can look at my build thread. It's pretty long but I tried to explain each part of the build.

https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f-...ersion-144072/

You should post your build in a thread on the board for others to see.

Last edited by dennisgb; 07-23-2017 at 08:11 AM.
Old 08-01-2017, 09:21 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dennis, Was just rereading your conversion thread and noticed something quite funny. In 2013 you said:

Actually, I am not a big fan of sportbikes.
Now I look at your sig and see 1987, 1988 x 3, 1989, 1990. How things change.

Old 08-02-2017, 08:15 AM

Yes the first CBR that turned into the Playboy Bike got me back into motorcycles after 30+ years away. I bought it to use the engine for a different project. The story is somewhere in the build thread. I learned to like them and bought the second one for parts. Then I got it running and couldn't strip it...same with some of the others. The CBR's are awesome bikes but a little difficult for me to ride since I have a bad back.

My real love is vintage British iron tho. I have a Norton Commando and a 1965 Triumph Bonneville. I just bought a 2008 Triumph America which is a really nice bike also.

Old 08-03-2017, 09:02 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dennisgb
Then I got it running and couldn't strip it...same with some of the others.
I am running into the same issue. Bought a parts bike, didn't need the parts, now I'm starting to wonder whether it could be fixed up. Fun.

Quick Reply: RR Conversion Bike Coming To Life