CBR 600F 1987 - 1990 CBR 600F Forum

New Mirrors? Rear fender?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 12:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Mirrors? Rear fender?

My bike is finally finished being painted as of today, the parts are all drying right now. They look AWSOME! I will take pics tomorrow when I get all the bike back together and the decals on. But for now I have a question.
I wanted to know where to get some mirrors for my f1, since the current mirrors look like crap, the primer, and paint didnt stick to well, since their rubber. I was looking at the ones on ebay ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...spagenameZWDVW ) but their like $40 with shipping, and they look really plastic. I might end up going with those.
Also, I dont think Im going to put the rear fender/chain gaurd thing back on, I think it looks alot better without it. Is this ok? or a real bad idea?

Old 09-26-2006, 01:24 PM
Default RE: New Mirrors? Rear fender?

those mirrors dont look that bad. i like em. i recently bought a set of ebay mirrors and the quality was good. (mine dont look right though...i am not happy with the mounting). i may even order a set of those you posted.

as for the chain gaurd, i would leave it there. keeps grease from flying on pants and keeps any loose shoe laces away from that area.

Old 09-27-2006, 05:22 PM
Default RE: New Mirrors? Rear fender?

- - DON'T BUY THOSE MIRRORS - - just a heads up for you guys, they look cool, but I bought em and I'm not happy.

- For starters they do screw right into the existing holes for the stock mirrors, but this causes them to feel every bit of vibration and hence you can't really make out whats behind you, cop or just another car.

- Two, one of the mirrors broke somehow while I was adjusting them, the inside piece that connects the mirror houseing to the stalk came loose, so even though the stalk is tight, the mirror still falls up or down and moves around. I'm useing hot glue around the seam to keep it held in place right now, I couldn't think of anything else that would work.

- Third, they are alot smaller than you would think from the picture. Granted thats not always a bad thing, but the mirror surface itself is kinda trickly and I don't think it up to DOT standards.

Bottom line - - > I'M NOT HAPPY WITH EM . . . just thought I'd share.

Also, I don't have a chain gaurd/rear fender on my bike and it does throw grease all up the underside of the tail. If I still had the orignal piece I'd trim it a little and put it back on. I think it helps make the bike look more clean anyways.

But to each his/her own