CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 600F (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f-15/)
-   -   Look at this gorgeous CBR (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f-15/look-gorgeous-cbr-154083/)

drakito 01-12-2016 07:03 PM

Look at this gorgeous CBR

Honda CBR | eBay

Take a look at that, it's not mine BTW. That is absolutely stunning. Is there anyone here who can claim restoring her?

dennisgb 01-12-2016 07:44 PM

I saw this a while ago. It's nice but kind of a bitsa. Not partial to the Corbin seat.

Guy says he has $10K in it which is hard to believe.

Means his reserve is up there.

You won't get half that for a perfect original with low miles...just my opinion.

Conrice 01-12-2016 10:36 PM

That's my town, I've seen a few Baby Canes in the area... I wonder what the deal is with that rolling cane chassis in the background

74demon 01-12-2016 11:14 PM

"Built it from the ground up." Thats a laugh. Swapped a bunch of parts maybe....

He can't even spell brakes correctly.

Conrice 01-13-2016 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by 74demon (Post 1293163)

He can't even spell brakes correctly.

Haha, that's my favorite. When I was shopping for the Bandit, I'd say about half of the ads had either "breaks" instead of brakes or "loose" instead of lose.

Not sure why those two are so common, yet, here we are

hamlin6 01-13-2016 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by Conrice (Post 1293165)

Not sure why those two are so common, yet, here we are

Because we don't do grammar so good.

:-)

Conrice 01-13-2016 11:41 AM

Yeah, but you'd think people selling any vehicle, let alone a motorcycling, wouldn't want to associate brakes with breaking... Not exactly confidence inspiring.

Although, my biggest gripe is trying to get info about a bike out of a seller and only getting single word responses back. You'd think they wouldn't want to shut up about their bike and would try to sell you on being an honest guy selling an honest machine.

Sorry for jumping off topic...

Mattson 01-15-2016 06:43 AM

Wowser that's a helluva lot of info crammed into a single sentence. What I cannot fathom is how new tires can break the fork springs...

coalminer frank 01-15-2016 08:30 AM

Who the heck would pay $1000 for a piece of fairing for a bike that aint worth $1000. Its not like its a RC30 or RC45. Its a god dam hurricane, honda made a million of them. Then he'll be pissed cause no one wants to pay his price.

dennisgb 01-15-2016 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by coalminer frank (Post 1293215)
Who the heck would pay $1000 for a piece of fairing for a bike that aint worth $1000. Its not like its a RC30 or RC45. Its a god dam hurricane, honda made a million of them. Then he'll be pissed cause no one wants to pay his price.

You're totally right. I have 2 Hurricanes that I want to put back to original condition just because I think they are cool and not many are original anymore. I question my sanity, because what are they worth?

This one isn't close to being original and has a nice paint job, but what's it really worth? Whenever someone posts all the money they put into the bike you know they think it's worth big bucks, and I can't imagine putting $10k into a Hurricane...I don't have that much into my Norton which is worth a lot more than a Hurricane.

People need to understand, if they put a bunch of money into their bike(s), they likely won't get it back and the build was for themselves not the next guy. If you want to make a profit you need to choose a more valuable starting point.

Taking nothing away from the F1, they are good bikes, but the market is limited to those of us that have a passion for them, and most of us are too knowledgeable to ever think they are worth as much as a nice used RR or even an F4i...why would someone pay you more than a bike with better technology and performance?