CBR 600F 1987 - 1990 CBR 600F Forum

help please...

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 10:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help please...

hey every one i have a 87 cbr 600 been re built but having a few issues... bought it from a kid ran good when i bought it.. for no reason started to run like hell... i rode it home about 30 miles ran good and like a week later ran like hell... it will start and run but if i jump on the hwy for like a couple mins. it wants to die and bog like bog hard and i cant just rap on it and clear it out... wants to bog sounds like its missing... I CANNOT figure out wats wrong with it... ive changed the coils and my battery is good... im pooooring in money tryin to figure out what the hell is wrong with it and i have no one to pay to work on it... if any one lives around dallas tx that will work on it that knows what there looking for ill pay them... or if any one has any tips that will help i would reaaally appreciate it... this is my stunt bike and i only want it to run.. dont need headlights or anything of that matter just want it to run... any one?

Old 02-25-2008, 11:48 AM
Default RE: help please...

Sounds like a fuel delivery problem. Clogged filter......bad pump (i dont recall if those have a pump or not but i beleive they do). Either way, it sounds to me like you are running out of gas somewhere along the line........check it all over from fuel tank to carbs and make sure everything is on the up and up!

You're running on the bowls on the highway and as soon as they run dry.......you're done until you slow down and the fuel trickles down in there........

Again, check the fuel flow start to finish.......you'll likely find that the pump quits or the filter is clogged!

Good luck.

Old 02-25-2008, 02:07 PM

+1 to what he said mine had a problem like this and it was the fuel pump. there is athread on here from when i had this problem just search fuel pump and you should find alot.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:21 AM

ok ok thanks guys.... but... i dont have a fuel pump... i dont no if my bike was supposed to have one or not but it doesnt... the kid i bought the bike from said he could drive it all day so im guessing it doesnt have to have one? cuz its ran from the fuel bar?(cant think of the name at the moment sorry) to the fuel line to a little fuel filter wich i have checked to the petcock... dont no if my bike was supposed to have a fuel pump or not so if u guys could let me no... ive made sure the float bowls wernt sticking the needle is moving i guess... any one live around the dallas area? or semi close to me and ill pay and drive it out to u... thanks guys...

Old 02-26-2008, 10:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, F1s are definitely supposed to have a fuel pump. If you can see the petcock and the filter, you should be staring dead at the pump as well.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:32 AM

hey my bike is also a street fighter with no plastics just a tail section... is that my problem with the bogging? its fouling out my spark plugs.... i read on some other forums about the intake holes... this can affect me? if so how can i stop this... also..i just paid a 40$ diagnostic at the shop and they said they THINK its my carbs... my bike has been jetted and may need bigger jets or somthing? cuz i have a diff pipe on it... maybe i need to set my fuel to air ratio? if any one knows my problem please help im still dumping in money and could be stunting...