CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 600F (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f-15/)
-   -   Fox Racing Shock (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f-15/fox-racing-shock-150335/)

dennisgb 12-17-2013 02:51 PM

Fox Racing Shock

I found this Fox Racing Shock for CBR600 Hurricane on Ebay and it was priced right so I bought it.

Image1 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Anybody know anything about these. I found some info on the web but it's pretty slim.

Looks like a good shock.

CorruptFile 12-17-2013 03:15 PM

Fox Twin Clicker? A few people around have them and I hear they are great. Just hard to come by now a days. Even more of a pain if you need a rebuild.

dennisgb 12-17-2013 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by CorruptFile (Post 1260271)
Fox Twin Clicker? A few people around have them and I hear they are great. Just hard to come by now a days. Even more of a pain if you need a rebuild.

It was sitting on Ebay for $39 plus shipping...guy said it came off a running bike...no leaks or wear on the shaft...we'll see, but for $39 what the heck.

Did you get that bolt out?

raylee 12-17-2013 06:33 PM

I don't know much about their street stuff, but Fox Shocks are nearly top of the line when it comes to off-road suspension. They know their stuff when it comes to suspension and they're still in business so sending them in to get them rebuilt shouldn't be too difficult of an issue. I would give them a call directly to make sure, though.

TahoeRider 12-17-2013 06:59 PM

What a steal! I have one on my bike that I also found on Ebay a few years ago. It is an excellent shock, and probably about the best you are going to find anymore for these bikes. It made a tremendous improvement in the handling on mine. It has compression & rebound adjustment with separate ride height and preload adjustments too.

Here is a link to the owners/setup manual for the twin clickers:
http://www.catfishracing.com/Suspens...up%20manual%27

If it needs to be rebuilt I found someone who specializes in them and can supply all the rebuild parts, springs, and revalve the shock also if necessary. He rebuilt my twin clicker and is currently rebuilding my XR shock I picked up for the dual sport. Great quality work and also the best price I've been able to find online.

Daugherty Motorsports - Motorcycle Suspension Performance and Modification

dennisgb 12-17-2013 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by TahoeRider (Post 1260278)
What a steal! I have one on my bike that I also found on Ebay a few years ago. It is an excellent shock, and probably about the best you are going to find anymore for these bikes. It made a tremendous improvement in the handling on mine. It has compression & rebound adjustment with separate ride height and preload adjustments too.

Here is a link to the owners/setup manual for the twin clickers:
http://www.catfishracing.com/Suspens...up%20manual%27

If it needs to be rebuilt I found someone who specializes in them and can supply all the rebuild parts, springs, and revalve the shock also if necessary. He rebuilt my twin clicker and is currently rebuilding my XR shock I picked up for the dual sport. Great quality work and also the best price I've been able to find online.

Daugherty Motorsports - Motorcycle Suspension Performance and Modification

Thanks for that info...will see what shape it's in when it gets here.

dennisgb 12-17-2013 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by raylee (Post 1260277)
I don't know much about their street stuff, but Fox Shocks are nearly top of the line when it comes to off-road suspension. They know their stuff when it comes to suspension and they're still in business so sending them in to get them rebuilt shouldn't be too difficult of an issue. I would give them a call directly to make sure, though.

Yes I did some checking on Fox when I saw the shock up on Ebay because I knew the clickers were hard to find for the Hurricane. Then I just bought it because for the price it was a no brainer since they are worth much more than what he was asking.

TahoeRider 12-17-2013 07:54 PM

Speaking of being worth much more.. I found an F2/F3 twin clicker a couple years ago, on Ebay again, and seller thought it was stock. I bought it in an attempt to fit it to my Hurricane, it wouldn't fit and I sold it for double the original price :icon_look:

dennisgb 12-17-2013 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by TahoeRider (Post 1260284)
Speaking of being worth much more.. I found an F2/F3 twin clicker a couple years ago, on Ebay again, and seller thought it was stock. I bought it in an attempt to fit it to my Hurricane, it wouldn't fit and I sold it for double the original price :icon_look:

Always the best way to go when you can do it. I have 4 Hurricanes now, so these parts will likely be used...but I keep buying. Been buying plastics for the past year when I see them priced right. Got a nice complete front fairing with headlight, signals, windshield and the side inserts for $60 with free shipping a couple weeks ago...I've seen the inserts go for more than that. I figure even if I don't use the parts I can sell them for more.

coalminer frank 12-18-2013 04:19 AM

I bought a Fox shock from ebay for my F2 that looked in great shape. But I sent it out for a rebuild anyway. Daugherty Suspension did the job. Very reasonably priced, I cant remember exactly. Resprung for my weight etc. I called him one time kind of late in the day just to leave a message,(because of the shift I was on at the time) he answered! And was in no hurry to hang up, answered all my questions. Great service, I will definitly send him more work when needed.