CBR 600F 1987 - 1990 CBR 600F Forum

Did some work, how have some Q's

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 08:18 PM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yes yes yes yes yes!!!!!

Got the new carb in the mail today and put it on and YES! got power back, it idles correctly revs right and it doesnt smoke as much... i attribute that to probably something from the old carb still being in there and it just needs to be burned off. Now for my next wuestion. I have done some searching and from what I have read i dont exactly need a fuel pump? I realize that hills can be a problem but where i live its flat so not much worry there. I also cant find where the wires to connect the fuel pump to the wiring harness is at. Oh and my other question is does anyone know if I can buy the pigtails for to replace the bulb holders for the speedo assembly? I found out that one of my turn signal bulb holders and my neutral light bulb holder arent there, and its really eating at me. Does anyone have a spare laying around that they would sell me? Sorry to be long winded but Iam just excited because it lives again!

Old 08-07-2012, 09:53 AM

You can replace the electrical contacts on the pump if that's what (probably) failed. Happened on mine when I was 150 miles away from home.

K&L Supply Universal Fuel Pump Point Switch Kit 18-4615

You just need to solder it in a couple of spots. I think the plug for the fuel pump was either across the center or on the other side of the bike, but I can't remember. They might show it in the manual where the wiring harness pics are. Not sure about the pigtail I haven't taken mine out so don't know what they look like.

Old 08-12-2012, 06:31 PM
Registered Users

so today i did a little more work today and now i have a few more questions. I really appreciate you all's patients with me and not giving up on me lol. So i went out and got like 5 feet of fuel line and put it together, with a over the counter fuel filter from advance auto found where the wiring harness for the stock fuel pump Im not sure if maybe i put it in right, i followed what appeared to be how to manual says to put it in. Does it matter that the fuel filter that I got was probably meant for something like a chevy 350 motor? Also the petcock was leaking a little when i put the fuel in, is it uncommon to use teflon tape on the screws to stop leaks and whatnot?

Old 08-13-2012, 12:32 AM

Fuel filter should be fine they're all pretty much universal in line carburetor type filters. As long as it is the right size for the fuel hose it shouldn't be a problem.

I don't remember if I used teflon tape when I put my new petcock in or not, but it couldn't hurt anything. Is it leaking from the threads where it connects to the tank?