CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 600F (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f-15/)
-   -   Chain/ clutch studder problem Cbr F1 Hurricane HELP (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f-15/chain-clutch-studder-problem-cbr-f1-hurricane-help-158380/)

Paradox 11-04-2018 10:57 PM

Chain/ clutch studder problem Cbr F1 Hurricane HELP

Hey im very new to cbrf but ive been reading threads for problems over the last 2 years while i get my cane road worthy. I am very close to being on the road but today i took it for a test ride and i noticed when i would release the clutch to take off my chain would studder when the lever was at the very end of being released. Its pretty violent and im scared my chain is gonna snap or something. Ive adjusted the chain several times when varying slack. Never more than an inch and half because i didnt want it too loose. It only seems to be when im at the very end of releasing clutch lever when. Ive been paying a ton for rides back and forth and im ready for my bike to be done. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!!

wes 17 11-05-2018 06:30 PM

Evening mate.
Are your chain, sprockets and clutch all in good working order ?
You should only need to adjust your chain to the correct tension once, and then only adjust periodically. Make sure there are no tight spots whilst your adjusting and that your alignment is correct when finished. Have close look at both sprockets during the process to make sure everything’s in good order as well. Hooked or worn teeth is a no no. Lube it all up and wipe off all excess. Spin the wheel and listen for anything that shouldn’t be there.
Then on to the clutch. This needs to be functional at the point where your happy. Your description seems to suggest it’s could do with having an earlier point of response so try to get it working earlier in its function. Adjust it to your comfort. Examine both ends of your cable for adjustment potential. Make sure your cable is in good working order and has a smooth operation. You might exhaust all your options here and find you need to examine your clutch internals to rectify an issue. It could be simply worn plates or a bit more serious with worn tangs on your basket or a hub issue.
Have a play at your adjustments first, post back your findings so we can get you on the road mate.
Best of luck.

Paradox 11-05-2018 06:56 PM

Thanks for the reply m8, i had a larger rear shock on it and went back to the oem shock thats why i had adjusted the chain a couple times because the replacement was a little longer. Both sprockets seem great and straight and dont show excessive wear, the chain is brand new as well. I adjusted the clutch some earlier as well and it didnt seem to help at all. Im leaning towards maybe the gears being warn out maybe it doesnt seem to do it really when i get into second gear.

Paradox 11-05-2018 09:43 PM

Problem solved although i have to admit i feel a bit silly so my shift linkage was reinstalled upside down like a gp shift and because of that, when i thought i was in first i was in 5th which was causing the bike to stall and studder causing the chain to jump about.

as a side note I also had a major problem with it blowing fuses and for the life of me could figure it out. I finally went through every wire on the bike until i realized it was a wire that was grounding out near the handle bars. 2 silly mistakes solved.

thanks everyone at cbrf!!!! You guys are awesome :D

wes 17 11-06-2018 03:01 AM

Glad your all sorted.

Paradox 11-06-2018 11:10 AM

Me too thank you so much wes 17 for the quick reply. i thought for sure my gear box was toast lol. The guy i had bought the bike from had numerous things like that in backwards such as the plug wires in the wrong order, connectors conneted to the wrong things, and the turn signals wired incorrectly. Im so happy to finally be back on the road