CBR 600F 1987 - 1990 CBR 600F Forum

Cane Before and after

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 03:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cane Before and after

And more to come...

I've added Pazzo Racing Levers with adjustable controls, Ecliptech Shift-I gauge that is a very good tool if you require one as I can adjust shift points at 2 different shift points set once i.e. daily driving and track shift points it'll also check my voltage and a few other cool features. Added a brand new smoked out screen, so I can recondition the very good OEM screen. I've also polished the foot pegs, well, most cleaned them up and will get them back to the original sparkle as well as reflective tape added to the rims. I am torn with repainting the whole bike but, do know that I want to repair the previous owners low speed scraps in the panel. I'll some day do the RR rear conversion. I have more than 10 things I'd like to finish on the bike.

Before:

Pazzo Racing levers (red w/gold adjusters)

Ecliptech Innovations ****-I RPM guage. I love this thing with what I can adjust, just haven't had the time to tweak it down.

Smoked out windscreen

Old 07-13-2009, 11:34 AM

different strokes for different folks I take it then

Old 07-13-2009, 02:10 PM

Hey man, my cane looked the exact same. My favorite colour scheme for sure!

all the best from Nova Scotia!

Old 07-13-2009, 10:03 PM

i like it. those tach lights are interesting, what can you adjust with them?
you have a kill switch tether?

Old 07-14-2009, 01:36 AM

The tach is brilliant and has a few options that I'll provide the website to answer but I will list some features.http://www.ecliptech-us.com/index.ph...=59&Itemid=109

• various shift points that will allow to points of reference for shifting
  • auto brightness
  • voltage reading
  • Cruise mode (lights dim)

I stumbled upon this neat device when I was shopping for a 89 250RR and the guy who makes it has the best service I've ever come across in the automotive world. A couple hours of emailing back and forth answered all my questions and I placed an order shortly after, he even offered to pre-solder connections for me so I can just plug and play when it arrive. That isn't a kill switch tether as more of a anti-theft device that goes on the disc brake which is more of a deterrent.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:06 PM

that thing looks mint, dont bother putting the RR tail on it, looks amazing as it is! where did you find it?

Old 07-16-2009, 08:10 PM

and I would say you might want to think about setting the forks back to stock, might handle funny like that.

Old 07-17-2009, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by cbreric
that thing looks mint, dont bother putting the RR tail on it, looks amazing as it is! where did you find it?

Cheers, I will considering repainting her because of the previous owner having dumped it on both sides. She does show her signs of wear if you look close at her but, I don't usually sit with her at a coffee shop

Originally Posted by cbreric
and I would say you might want to think about setting the forks back to stock, might handle funny like that.
I am sorry I am not sure if I follow you, are you saying the forks are not in a stock setting? The bike handles fine but I am more than willing to have it handle better if that is possible as I mainly am going to have the suspension tightened up a bit.

Last edited by Measuredpath; 07-17-2009 at 12:42 AM.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by Measuredpath
I am sorry I am not sure if I follow you, are you saying the forks are not in a stock setting? The bike handles fine but I am more than willing to have it handle better if that is possible as I mainly am going to have the suspension tightened up a bit.
The forks have been slid up in the triple clamps, lowering the front. This quickens steering but causes stability to suffer.

Old 07-17-2009, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Five
The forks have been slid up in the triple clamps, lowering the front. This quickens steering but causes stability to suffer.

Yeah, I noticed that when I had bought her. However, I don't' notice an issue with stability (still practice slaloms in parking lots) and I really like the quickness in steering. I really want to stiffen the rear just slightly. CBREric almost made it sound like it was a bad thing.

Last edited by Measuredpath; 07-17-2009 at 01:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Cane Before and after