CBR 1100XX "Super Blackbird" 1998 - 2003 CBR 1000XX

Whats the deal

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 10:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Whats the deal

ORIGINAL: DreDaDevil

...when I get her rolling I will have no regrets.
What kind of parts are you looking for? In trying to get my tachometer I have ran across a few individuals that might be able to help.

Old 04-04-2006, 03:31 AM

I need the nose fairing and a manual. Also some tools so I can change the spark plugs. I can start her with the choke applied, but when I stop choking her she cuts off. She sometimes does it when I throttle up. I took out the old gas and cleaned the k&n filter. So if anyone can help hook me up.[:'(]

Old 08-08-2006, 11:02 PM

Yeah they are right if you want a flashy and light bike the new ones are the way to go. BUT the only thing that I have found that can touch mine is a zx12; busa;or the new zx14 and those are big heavy bikes also and not very flashy. It just depends on what you want. I also have a Aprilia mille R and it will out handle the bird by far but I will catch it on the strights. So have fun and watch that high speed.

Old 08-09-2006, 01:26 AM

if you read thru these posts you have some good and some bad?. whith just a few tweeks aiming at your personality the Bird will fit almost every style! not too many machines can fit the bill. and even some of these newer bikes have some of the tech on them that came out on the Bird in97. And if you add 200cc's to the Bird those busas and zx14 wouldn't be so fast now would they? Comfort, power, reliability you just can't beat it! Yeah some are lighter some are faster but look at Kent Stotz. 550 horse at the wheel makes over 250 passes on it in a year, block, crank, head, cams, trans all stock Black Bird! never even changes the bearings but once a year. Check out the avatar 300 horse fully street legal full covarege ins daily driver! seat is a little rough, but i still love it!

Old 09-07-2006, 02:58 PM

ORIGINAL: ClutchBurningRacing

if you read thru these posts you have some good and some bad?. whith just a few tweeks aiming at your personality the Bird will fit almost every style! not too many machines can fit the bill. and even some of these newer bikes have some of the tech on them that came out on the Bird in97. And if you add 200cc's to the Bird those busas and zx14 wouldn't be so fast now would they? Comfort, power, reliability you just can't beat it! Yeah some are lighter some are faster but look at Kent Stotz. 550 horse at the wheel makes over 250 passes on it in a year, block, crank, head, cams, trans all stock Black Bird! never even changes the bearings but once a year. Check out the avatar 300 horse fully street legal full covarege ins daily driver! seat is a little rough, but i still love it!

yea no kidding.............. it is said the busa beats the xx by like 5-10 mph, thats nothing drop another 200 cc you should be able to meet that easy. not to mention it is consiter teh best all around hypersport out there and ironically enough the one that started it. i know when i go to my local rigind spot i get nothing but praise from ppl about the xx. and those moto gp wanna bs talk alot of S*** so i go home and get my 954 to shut em up lol.