CBR 1100XX "Super Blackbird" 1998 - 2003 CBR 1000XX

Bike Won't Crank

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 04:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bike Won't Crank

Alright so I've bought the bike from my dad because it was sitting forever. Ended up cleaning the carburetor, cleaning the tank, and replacing a few chewed through wires. After being put back together the bike ran beautifully (16 year old tires did NOT test ride). Only ended up changing the coolant and brake fluid cause the oil was in great condition still. This morning I went out to finish putting the fairings on and I tried starting up as a satisfactory kinda thing when it cranked for a second then nothing. Every time after that all I got was a click from the starter solenoid followed by no engine cranking. After pressing the button several several times it cranked again but then again nothing. It seems like the motor is getting stuck almost and won't turn. I have no idea where to start and I don't even know where the starter is on this bike or what it looks like so any help is appreciated.
Now I'll go step by step of what I did.
1. Charged Battery-No change
2. Tested battery at O'Reily's-Good battery
3. I took a pair of pliers and without holding the ignition button I shorted the starter relay switch and got plenty of sparks so I know it's possible for power to flow through.
4. Checked all fuses except for the one that is supposedly on the starter relay? I don't know where that one is.
I'm completely at a loss as to what could be going on so any help and/or pictures are appreciated. I got a taste of what the bike sounds like and I can't wait to get this thing on the road.

I've posted on the cbrxx forum and since then the neutral light doesn't even come on. The starter solenoid won't click anymore either. Please haaalp D: