Yoshi RS5

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 01:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Yoshi RS5

ORIGINAL: RRip

Just so happens I went out drinking with 2 mechanics from a Honda dealership in West hollywood last night. I have a Yosh slipon and wanted to see if they what put a Power Commander on for me on the side. Long story short, after about 30 minutes of arguing they concluded that if I only have a slipon, I am waisting my money on a power Commander because it will not do anything for me. Just thought I would throw that out.
I have a Yoshi slip-on and a Power Commander made a huge difference.
Spending the money for a custom map for just a slip-on is a waste , running the Yoshi map and turning on the accelerator mod will open your eyes to what your bike can do.

Old 07-17-2005, 01:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is the accelerator mod? I have a Micron pipe and a PCIII USB. I have it mapped with a map from the PC site. Will the accelerator mod work for my bike?

Old 07-17-2005, 09:53 AM

yeah if you havnet already you need to download from the site to be uploaded to the pc3, MgA_ODEN is the man to ask on seting it up i thibk he`s played with a few different settings.

Old 07-17-2005, 07:18 PM

ORIGINAL: 05Tribal

What is the accelerator mod? I have a Micron pipe and a PCIII USB. I have it mapped with a map from the PC site. Will the accelerator mod work for my bike?
http://www.powercommander.com/accelpump.shtml

Street set at 90,15,20
Track set at 85,15,12 or so

Old 07-18-2005, 12:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: MgA_ODEN

ORIGINAL: 05Tribal

http://www.powercommander.com/accelpump.shtml

Street set at 90,15,20
Track set at 85,15,12 or so
Dude, this is awsome! I can't wait to find time to play with it.

Old 07-19-2005, 06:12 PM

ORIGINAL: MgA_ODEN

$1200 ! [sm=icon_beat.gif] Call Brad at Superbike Supply

$1200 for the full carbon/titanium system and the power commander. i think thats a really good price

Old 07-22-2005, 02:43 AM

I recived my toys today. Just got done putting them on. I had trouble getting the Yoshi to slip over my stock pipe. I had to use some emery cloth on stock and also a bit of filling to champfer the Yoshi tube. It had a slight bit of roughedgee inside. Then I put a little vasaline on it and slid it on. I do like a tight fit.
Then I installed the PCIII and when I got done and went to start the bike the red light was flashing and the FI code and it would not start. So after a while I thought I would unhook the positive battery lead for a few then hooked it back up and bingo the bike reset the computer to the PCIII (I think) and fired right up. Has this happened to any one else?
That RS-5 SS is a good looking can and sounds great. I don't have a fender eliminator kit yet so I put the stock fender back on and I think it still looks great with that new chrome.
It was a little to loud to take out a this time of night so I will be trying it for the first time in the am.

Repsol #506
Yoshimura RS-5 SS s/o
PCIII USB
Carbon Fiber No cut sliders
& matching spools.

Old 07-22-2005, 03:34 AM

Did you program the PCIII or was it preprogrammed?

Old 07-23-2005, 12:33 PM

It was programed by the seller before sending it to me. My bike is alot louder than stock now but that is what I like cause now I can hear it with the helmet on. I am am still learning were the power gains are. Haven't ridden that far with them yet. The front wheel comes up easyer though. I also have to learn how to fine tune the PCIII like putting in the numbers that were given above by MgA_ODEN . I don't know if I need to do anything with the low, medand high buttons?

Old 07-23-2005, 01:09 PM

As long as you have the right map for the mods that you put on your bike then you should have no problem. I adjusted the low settings on the pcIII and found out that I was running too lean. I reset it back to 0 and the bike is runs fine. I am going to DynoJet to have it remapped. I send the map when I am done.

Quick Reply: Yoshi RS5