a whole new dimension of pissed off!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 12:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: a whole new dimension of pissed off!!!!

Dude, I wouldn't settle for them fixing my bike. At that estimate of damage, I would demand they buy me a new one......

Old 09-08-2005, 06:20 PM

dude i think you should ask them for a new bike being that it is over the damage to value mark to where they would total ur bike. Alway try to get a new bike when you have that bad of a wreck. And if your agent is a good insurance agent they would get you a new bike within two weeks or less.

Old 09-09-2005, 05:54 PM

well here is another update: just got off the phone (literally) with my bank rep and she said that sometime between mon and wed the bike will begin to be repaired. now i may not have explained it all too well in my previous posts but here is the deal with the bike being insured through the bank: when my bank approves me (or anybody else applying for an automobile loan) on a loan for the bike, they always offer (and dont quote me on this cause im not exactly sure of the name) what is called comprehensive collateral insurance. now what this is is basically just collosion insurance so that if something happens to the bike (in this case) the bank is not out 12,000 bucks (not that it would hurt them any.) so the insurance that is on my bike is not "insurance" in the normal sense of the word, but just a supplement to provide a cusion for the bank. so anyways thats that. now the phone call that i got from my bank rep. was just to inform me that they "should" get the paperwork to give me the ok to get the repair work started on the bike between mon and wed. so now i have to wait until they give me the go ahead! but on a better note i do want to ask y'alls opinion on something: i now have the option to change the color of my bike; due to the fact that "all the plastics" were "damaged" by hte wreck. so anybody got a fav. color they like and would like to voice their opinion? all ideas are welcomed. well thats about all for now. i will keep y'all posted on progress (by the way, my choice right now is red) peace!

Old 09-09-2005, 08:49 PM

04 Black plastic

Old 09-10-2005, 12:54 AM

05 Repsol Plastics!!!!!

Old 09-11-2005, 02:06 AM

It's a Honda... it oughtta be RED!

Cheers

Old 09-22-2005, 08:04 PM

now this has gotten out of control!!! i have been sitting here venting my anger for the past 4 hours! anyways the bike is FINALLY getting repaired and SHOULD be fixed within 2 weeks. now here is the funny part (note the sarcasm): i bought the bike on 2 AUGUST 2005; i got in the accident on 11 AUGUST 2005; i called the insurance company on 12AUGUST 2005; they did not assign an adjuster to the case until 19 AUGUST 2005; he did not look at the bike until 25 AUGUST 2005; he did not send back his report until 30 AUGUST 2005: the insurance company did not send me the reimbursment check until 16 SEPTEMBER 2005! now i woulkd like anybody on this website to look at the gaps between the dates and tell me, with a staright face, that they would not be even the slightes bit upset! so the end result is i have been without my baby for over a month and if you ever hear of, or have to deal with anybody from the company CUNA MUTUAL INSURANCE GROUP OF MADISON WISCONSON, tell them to turn right around and walk away or face serious bodily injury. this company has been nothing but trouble from day 01 and i will not let anybody else get burned by these people if i can help it! so anyways that was the end of my venting. now here is the good news: i am finally getting the bike fixed, it should be done in 2 weeks at most, and to top it all off the check from the idiots (the ins. comp.) was for 6747.93. the bike is only going to cost roughly 5700.00 to repair. the remaining balance of the check goes towards the prinple on my loan., so atleast something good came from my month of torment. anyways thats all for now so i really appreciate all of y'all putting up with my rage and giving your advice whenever i asked for it! so here is to better times down the road! i will see y'all at biketoberfest! peace. oh and p.s. the bike is staying black due to an oversight by me. ill explain later

Old 09-23-2005, 04:08 PM

its good to finaly hear your bikes actualy get worked on. i think insurance people are the scum of the earth. below lawyers even. whenever it comes to an insurance claim the companies true colors come out. Back when i was in high school i wrecked my dads 02 dodge truck. i hit a tree going 65. the tree was 1 inch from the road. the root was actualy pushing up the pavement. it took out the passenger front tire and bent the lower and upper arms and the headlight and 2 passenger doors. first off it was a top of the line model except it wasnt a hemi and they werent leather seats. the company tried saying it was a botom line model with casset player and no power seats. we had power everything and cd player. i mean you can look and see its not a base model. then they tried saying the frame was mest up when i looked at it before they took it and it was fine. well the car wouldnt start and had no power. and the passenger front window was down before the wreck so it couldnt be put up. the car was well under being totaled. and they wanted to total it for and give us 10gs for a 25g truck. they also tried saying they looked at the miles and tried saying we had way more than we did like 6000 more.. but how can you look at the miles on a digital odometer when theres no power?!? luckily we got the oil changed the week before and they wrote the milage down. we still wanted them to fix the truck and they should have but guess what happened. there dumb asses let it sit out in the lot durring the rain when the windows were down! so the whole interior got extensive water damage cause of there fault. and they totaled it because of the water damage they caused and were still only trying to give us 10gs!! not to mention the guy they sent to pick the truck up from the scene of the wreck did more damage then the accident itself did! but in the end we kicked there asses and made them give us 19 gs. but still all the shifty **** they tried to pull was un believable. but yea point of the story is dealing with any insurance company over a damaged vehicle is frustrating and would make anyone hotter than firecracker. NOT TO MENTION HOW SLOW THEY ARE EVEN WHEN THE VEHICLES RIGHT INFRONT OF THEM. it took them 2 months to look at it and the whole time it was on their storage property. outside getting more damage to it, so i feel your frustration man.

Old 09-26-2005, 03:35 PM
Rev

Well it's good that it's getting repaired now..but with that much damage it should be considered a total loss...i think..well my girl's f4i 04 total would have been 7000 for a 7400 bike...