a whole new dimension of pissed off!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 07:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a whole new dimension of pissed off!!!!

as y'all know i just got my 05 cbr 1000rr on 2 august 2005. i had only been riding it for approximately 2 weeks and 2 days when some !@#@#%#@$%@#$%!@# of a driver decided that he would careen outta control towards me. well i avoided getting hit, but unfortunately i was forced onto a curb, ejecting me from the bike. the bike then landed on the right side and had enough momentum to hop up and land on the left side, where it would finally stop. well after getting up and shaking off what had just happened i saw that my radiator had been busted, along with all the plastics being cracked, the front suspension had been bent, both the wheels were dented, and to top it all off: the frame might have been bent! so after that i call a friend of mine who comes and gets me and my bike. now this was almost two weeks ago and the insurance company just called me to tell me that they had just gotten a hold of their field adjuster and that he had just returned from looking at the bike!!!!!!! so this means that the bike wont get started working on untill mid-next week! so needless to say i am in a whole new dimension that i had never been in before! but there was a reason (besides venting!) that i posted this and it was to find out who on this site wears what brand/ type of riding gear. i am looking for a new helmet, gloves, boots, pants, and jacket. but the thing is that i haven't the slightest idea on where to look to buy or what brand to buy! so any advice would be greatly appreciated! thanks for rewading my rantings! peace!!!!!!

Old 08-30-2005, 07:58 PM
Default RE: a whole new dimension of pissed off!!!!

With as much damage as you mention I can assure it it will be totalled, and you should start thinking of a new bike

Old 08-30-2005, 10:05 PM

So what happened to the dude that made you lose control? Glad to hear your breathing man!

Old 08-31-2005, 01:08 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad you're o.k. It really sux to be down but the most important thing is your health dude!

Ya, the bike sounds totaled. Let the insurance buy your new gear. A buddy of mine was involved in a similar incident and he just got a couple of prices for jacket, gloves, boots and helmet and they wrote him a seperate check for the stuff. I helped him pick the stuff and it was all goooooood stuff

Old 08-31-2005, 12:27 PM

No advice on what to wear, but when I wrecked a while back, I asked my insurance company to reimburse the price of my helmet because the law requires us to wear one. They went a step further and reimbursed me for all of my riding gear that was damaged. It never hurts to ask your insurance company if they will do the same. And since the wreck was not your fault, I feel you should be reimbursed for everything you had damaged in the accident. As far as helmets go, I'm a Shoei fan.

Old 08-31-2005, 12:59 PM

Can only speak for myself but as far as helmets go, i've been riding for 25 years and had many different helmets, none of which have compared to the Suomy Spec 1R, http://suomy.com/ light, good air flow, great fit (for me at least) completely removable/washable inners etc. etc. it's worth trying on to see how it fits you since everybody's peanut is different, had mine for a while and the best price at the time that I found was here http://tinyurl.com/agvu3 but you'll need to call them as they don't post their best price. Anyhow I would suggest trying on as many as possible and seeing what feels/fits you best

Old 08-31-2005, 04:50 PM

My gear includes

Rocket GPX 2 pc leathers
Rocket GPX boots
Rocket Speed master gloves (Love these)
Rocket Phoenix mesh jacket
Rocket Ballistic Text jacket
Rocket phoenix gloves
Shoei TZ-1 Helmet
KBC Forces-s Airborne Helmet

Old 08-31-2005, 08:19 PM

i really appreciate all y'alls concer for my well being. as for the car that cause all this BS; he decided that it probably wasn't worth his time, so he did not even bother to stop. and also thanx for all the imput on the riding gear! and here is an update on the whole situation with the bike: i just got off the phone with my honda dealership, and they said that the approximate value of damage done to the bike is $7,000, which includes a new rear swing arm, new wheels, new plastics all around, new turn signals ( which i will buy some after market ones and just use those instead of the stock ones) new mirrors, new radiator, and a windscreen (also to be replaced with an aftermarket piece). so thanks for all y'alls interest, feedback, and concern! i really appreciate it! ciao.

Old 08-31-2005, 09:42 PM

WOW. taht really sucks. I am new to riding and this site. It amazes me that about three or four people a week have a similar story. We are only a very small piece of the motorcycle owners community, I can't imagine how many happen daily. It also seems that about 90% of them are not the riders fault. I think that car drivers should have to take a course on how to look out for bikes!!!! Good luck with everything. I would think with $7K in damage you will get a new bike.

Old 09-06-2005, 06:40 PM

well its been over three weeks (almost) since the crash and the insurance co. is just getting the adjustment forms to the bank!!!!!!! i have just been officially pushed over the edge cause now they are saying that it wont be until friday "at the earliest" when the bank approves the claim! so now i have to wait a whole nother week until my honda dealership gets the ok to go ahead and fix the bike. and the icing on the cake? the insurance that my bank offered me, instead of having me get a policy with another company,does not cover my riding gear. so now i have to shell out the money to get a new helmet and gloves!!! these are the times that try a mans soul. i dont remember who said that but it seems pretty good to say right about now. oh well ill put another post up when i get more info (or bad news). peace

Quick Reply: a whole new dimension of pissed off!!!!