What's a good deal for an '09 1krr?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 11:36 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What's a good deal for an '09 1krr?

Called a local dealership and they quoted me 11,699 for a leftover '09. I've heard of some insane deals people have gotten on other leftovers, but maybe I missed the gravy train?

I'm in the tri-state and was hoping I might be able to find a wicked deal around here so if anyone can offer any suggestions, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-11-2010, 04:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wasn't that list price in 09?
Was that out the door?
Or before taxes and prep?
Is it the ABS model?
Either way, not a good deal at all.

Having said that, I think you kind of did miss the gravy train. Honda really cleared out there leftover stock. The 08's were way over produced and Honda was left with so many leftover 08's, there 09's did not sell because they were the same bike. Once the 08's were gone from the huge cut in prices,(still a few around, but hard to find), then the 09's became hard to sell because the 10 model was basically the same again. So the deals happened on the 09's, just not as drastic as the 08's. They didn't make that many 2010 models, and the 09's sold pretty well. So, your left with a few leftover 09's, and not many 08's. But, since 2011 is not stacking up to be any different, the 2010 models should be on sale. But again, it depends on how many 2011 bikes they make. Im guessing they will make very few.

Considering the bike is basically 2 years old now since its the end the of the year and the 11 models are going to be coming out within months, I personally wouldn't pay more than 9500 or so, and I think you can still find them for that.

What the dealerships need to understand is, once you take that bike off the showroom floor, you now have a 2 year old bike. It doesn't matter that you bought it almost 2011, its still an 09, and the depreciation is still there. The dealership needs to meet the customer on this for price, otherwise, people would just buy the 11 model for a few hundred more.

Having said this, its been my experience, you can't call around to get the best deal. You have to go in and talk to the salesman. At least here in michigan, most dealerships won't even give you a quote over the phone. the majority of the time, they will just tell you list price. Go in and ask and show your interested, you will get a different price.

Old 09-11-2010, 04:20 PM

I thought your heart was set on a used 600cc?

Old 09-12-2010, 11:41 AM

It was when I thought I'd be spending every weekend at a trackday. Now that I realize that's not likely I decided against it. Who knows, maybe things will change next year and I'll find a track only 650s.

Oh, and thanks for the advice. I'm gonna be taking a walk through a couple dealerships tomorrow and I'll see what I can do about the price negotiations.

Old 09-13-2010, 02:04 PM

Just got back from theo nly dealership that's open on Mondays. Got them down to 10,999 for an '09. He said he couldn't do any better.

Guess I'm still waiting around for a deal.

Old 09-13-2010, 02:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Southern has em for $10,893 and they usually have the lowest price period. And thats the non-ABS model.

Old 09-13-2010, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

the gravy train was funded through a manufacturer rebate, which I think went away at least 6 months ago. i'm not in the market, but i imagine there'd be some better opportunities on some slightly-loved 08-09's.

Old 09-14-2010, 04:40 PM

Well, I'm looking to finance and I got approved on a pretty good loan through America Honda. There's a white '09 in Illinois I'd love to get my hands on, but that's a bit far and I'd have to do it with a personal loan through my bank.

Anyways, I'm just looking to get a good deal and not feel ripped off because some dude in NJ goes to a dealership the week after I buy my bike and makes some post saying how he got some killer deal on an '09 leftover for $9k.

Old 09-15-2010, 02:59 AM

How much good riding is left in NJ?
Its not year round riding there is it?

If its not, I'd definately wait until spring and pick up an 09 that will surely be cheaper vs buying one to enjoy for a few months, then have to store it.

or, as regener8ed said, look for a used one. I gotta believe with the end of the season, people are going to be cutting deals.

Old 09-18-2010, 11:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bah, don't buy a leftover. Find some idiot on craigslist that put $8k in mods into his bike because all his buddies were doing it...but then realized that he doesn't have the time to ride and it's the end of the season..so he's letting it go for $7500 with only 800 miles.

I was going to do the same thing...buy a leftover... However, I found a guy across the country who did the above! Bought the 06 as a leftover. Then put a full suspension on it, engine work, marchesini wheels, brembo monoblocks,...the whole works. Let it go for $8k with 585 miles on it. Didn't have the heart (or the brains apparently) to part it out.

Seen a few deals out there resembling the same thing, but I'm waiting for an 06-07 cuz I got so many parts for those years any not much for the new stuff...

good luck either way!

Quick Reply: What's a good deal for an '09 1krr?