Tune Ur Bike At Home Anyone?

Old 03-02-2010, 01:24 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tune Ur Bike At Home Anyone?

Tune Ur Bike At Home Anyoe?
IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT YOU DO THIS ON A TRACK OR CLOSED PREMISES TO KEEP UR SELF OR ANYONE ELSE FROM GETTING HURT

U can do it urself for your first bike and all your other bikes to come for that matter.... All you really need is a pcIII the software for the pcIII and a few other things....

1) PCIII
2) O2 Bung Welded Into Your Mid Pipe

http://www.cimotorsports.net/motor-s...n-02-bung.html

3) Wide band 02 Sensor

http://www.atlanticspeed.com/product...9&idcategory=0

4) Either Computer O2 Sensor Software Or A Wide band Gauge

Everyone thinks tuning a motorcycle is rocket science and HAS to be done on a dyno but this is not true the bike just has to be put under a load. With my 100% custom exhaust im fabricating and putting on and having lack of funds to get a dyno tune ill simply use this procedure.....

My buddy has a wide band O2 that plugs into a computer and has recording software so thats what im going to use.

For other you can use just a Wide band gauge

1) Put ur 02 sensor into ur exhaust

2) Start program is your using a computer if not just keep a eye on ur gauge

3) Cruise around town go up hill and down hills and around corner speed up to the highest speed u feel comfortable going on the interstate or do whatever all along (for me at least) the software will record this data

4) Get to home or where ever after a good ride and take a look at what you have open up your power commander tune and tune the different rpm ranges of your tune up or down where you need less or more fuel

5) Once you think you have it right install it on ur PCIII and take a cruise again and see if you have all the bugs worked out...(most likely the first try you wont get it perfect) continue the previous steps until you beleive ur bike is running optimal for your riding style....

It may not be as exact as a dyno tune but its pretty close and itll save you alot of money, this process can be repeated every time you get a new modification.

Also if you sell your old bike and get a new one you can re use this procedure on the next bike you own....