CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 1000RR (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000rr-13/)
-   -   Thinking of selling the Repsol... (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000rr-13/thinking-selling-repsol-147105/)

Wy4tt 05-28-2013 01:21 PM

Thinking of selling the Repsol...

Hey guys, and gals. I've got an '09 repsol and I'm feeling the temptation to sell and get something newer. I've seen a few threads re: xx vs 2013, etc. What are yall's thoughts on the changes over four years?

Btw this is my first post here. A lot of you guys know your stuff here. I grew up riding dirt/MX and this is only my third streetbike...first sportbike...and I love it. It's more bike than I need, but So far so good.

For reference, the repsol has 3400 miles and looks brand new. I got a good deal on it, it's paid for, etc. I should probably just keep it...what's your thoughts?

74demon 05-28-2013 01:31 PM

If you love it, keep it. You say its more bike than you need, so wouldn't a new bike with improvements going to be even more than you need?

BTW, you can't sell stuff here until you reach 100 posts. Rules are rules....
If this turns into a bike selling thread, it will disappear.

Wy4tt 05-28-2013 10:15 PM

Agreed. And I'm not trying to sell the bike on this forum. This post was more to see what changes are worthy of noting. I don't want to throw money away...this bike is rock solid. I am curious about ergonomic changes though. If they're that much better, then I'm interested. For example...years ago I tried out a few sport bikes...all of which were too small for a tall guy. The tanks' contour was too aggressive for long legs...just didn't fit right. As far as I can tell, the ergos seem similar to my '09. And over 4 years, things can change. More power, but a flatter power deliver, for example. I've gone from an older bike to a newer one that was faster because of the power delivery. I have read about these bikes, but would like a first hand impression rather than an article. So does this '09 have more power than I "need"? Absolutely. Would I like more power? Probably, if delivered right. I'll probably always say a bike has more power than I need. Don't mean I don't want more. :D

RoadiJeff 05-29-2013 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Wy4tt (Post 1234704)
I've got an '09 repsol and I'm feeling the temptation to sell and get something newer. I've seen a few threads re: xx vs 2013, etc.

What model would you replace it with? A 2013 of the same model isn't going to be much different than a 2009.

Plus, Repsols are not that much in demand since the only difference between them and a standard RR is the color and graphics. You probably wouldn't get what you think it's worth.

Kuroshio 05-29-2013 08:28 PM

Personal opinion it doesn't make sense to upgrade the same model bike unless there's a significant technological or cosmetic upgrade. Going from an f2 / f3 / f4 to an f4i or 600rr, yes. But you're talking about taking a significant depreciation hit for changes you can prolly achieve in AF parts.

You mentioned ergos and long legs. Do you have adjustable rearsets? Power delivery can be changed with gearing and a power commander. If it's about that new bike smell... well that's personal

etch18 05-29-2013 08:34 PM

From Honda's website:

New Suspension.

The CBR1000RR features new suspension front and rear. Up front, the new 43mm “Big Piston” Showa fork is smoother and more responsive; in the back, the Unit Pro Link design uses a new Balance Free Rear shock that uses a double-tube design for a smoother response and better road-holding feel (traction performance).

New LCD Instrumentation.

The CBR1000RR’s new, full-screen LCD instrumentation includes a lap timer, trip and fuel-consumption computer, five-level customizable shift indicator, gear-position indicator and peak-rpm memory function.

Revolutionary doesn’t begin to describe these brakes.

The Combined ABS (C-ABS) system is the first of its kind on a Superbike. Even the most critical motorcycle testers rave about how well they work. Find out what the experts have to say about this revolutionary feature.

Hot Wheels.

New for 2012, we've added 12-spoke aluminum cast wheels, for a lightweight design that promises superb handling and a new layered outer cowl with a rigid inner cowl that reduces fairing weight and creates a dynamic form.

Seems like ABS and suspension would be a worthwhile upgrade, as those would be very costly and/or impossible aftermarket upgrades.