**stolen steve brogan rep**

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 01:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good job having it insured! At least you are one up on the bad guys who got your bike.

Since you live in the UK, it's quite possible your bike was shipped somewhere else entirely.

When I ride, especially when I am riding home.....I try to make it a point to be aware of what vehicles are around me..

Once I felt someone was pacing me on the freeway and sure enough....there was a pickup truck that was in the fast lane....I was three lanes over on the far side of the freeway and it appeared to be watching me.

So I slowed way down until the truck passed.

That let him know that I knew he was watching me (he might have been a bike admirer or something innocent) but better safe than sorry.

Or if I cannot slow down to let the vehicle pass me, I'll go anywhere BUT home.

EDIT: I know you said you were parked at a store or something, but the same tactics apply. If you are always aware of your surroundings, you may be able to spot a vehicle that is acting suspicious.

But you don't need me to tell you that-- good luck with the new bike!

Last edited by MT Wallet; 12-04-2010 at 01:33 PM.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:16 AM

Very good advice above, sorry about your loss, even if the police find the scum who took it, the end result will not be what you would want, the penalty for theft these days is not what you think. I know if i caught anybody trying to steal my bike.... i would no doubt do some '' time ''.

Old 12-07-2010, 02:47 PM

Thanks guys for your support, yeah its frustrating, it was taken from the back of my fire station which is secure parking and my bike had the steering lock on, it was parked next to 2 x gixxer 1000 and a 56 plate r1 with no security on it but made the point of taking mine, literally was parked for 5 mins max and the fire station is on such a busy road in the centre of London the van wouldnt of got far, on reflection i should of ran out and had a look cos the van would of been only yards away from the station but i honestly thought the lads have moved it for a laugh (thats what they do) there is cctv directly opposite the station but "apparently" no footage?? I have the vin number for you fellow bikers to keep an eye obviously if you dont mind its: JH2SC59A88MOO3393
THANKS AGAIN GUYS