stabilizer

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 04:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That cheap stabilzer saved my **** a few times

Old 04-26-2010, 05:53 PM

The fly in the ointment with the 08 and newer damper is, it is throttle position sensitive. For example if you go into a low traction area such as a gravel at small throttle opening the damper is basically off. The steep front end starts see-sawing back and forth in the loose material. Mental note... do not drive in gravel.

Old 04-27-2010, 04:10 AM

The fly in the ointment with the 08 and newer damper is, it is throttle position sensitive.
Are you sure its not speed sensitive?

I know the 04-07's are speed sensitive, so its depends on how fast your going will dictate the amount of force that is applied. It wouldn't make much sense to have it throttle position sensitive, especially when most stability situations are low throttle input.

Old 04-27-2010, 06:06 AM

so you think the bars come down straight every time in first gear but not second? Idk could be possible but seems highly unlikely. Whats the little green light on the side of the dampener? when should it be lit?

Old 04-27-2010, 09:08 AM

I had to run up a 1/2 mile of gravel and the damper was completely ineffective at small throttle opening. My best hope was to try to to stay on the packed wheel tracks, unfortunately it was freshly graded. Lets just say whatever parameters are used to determine its force were not present and it was an unpleasant 1/2 mile.
The honda dealers had a damper display at the bike show. The more the throttle was opened the stiffer it got. There was no speed component on the display.

Old 04-28-2010, 01:41 AM

so you think the bars come down straight every time in first gear but not second? Idk could be possible but seems highly unlikely. Whats the little green light on the side of the dampener? when should it be lit?
Its hard to say. I can say with all likelyhood, that your second gear landing is probably at a higher speed. So even if both landings have tilted wheels, the added speed of the second gear landing is that much more force for the damper to deal with, making it that much more noticable to you.

Im not sure what light you are reffering to.

All I really know is, if your unsure of something that gives you a lack of confidence, change it. I know if I felt my damper wasn't working for me, it'd be replaced regardless of what people told me. Your the one riding the bike, and your the one that knows what your bike lacks for your riding style. The stock damper works great for me, but my riding style may be far different than yours.

I had to run up a 1/2 mile of gravel and the damper was completely ineffective at small throttle opening. My best hope was to try to to stay on the packed wheel tracks, unfortunately it was freshly graded. Lets just say whatever parameters are used to determine its force were not present and it was an unpleasant 1/2 mile.
The honda dealers had a damper display at the bike show. The more the throttle was opened the stiffer it got. There was no speed component on the display.
It could be, Im just not sure. I was just saying my 05 is speed sensitive and I've tested it on my rear stand and it works by speed. I could have 1/8 throttle input and as long the mph are high enough, it is working. Even no throttle with the clutch pulled in coasting, it works until the mph come down.

Last edited by justasquid; 04-28-2010 at 01:44 AM.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:18 PM

there are leds on each side of the dampner.