Should i buy a cdr 1000?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 12:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Should i buy a cdr 1000?

Hi all! My name is ryan, and i am just about to finish my first year of collage. I live with my parents because in going to community collage(i will be transferring to a 4 year next summer. i was just wondering if you guys think it would be a good idea to in cure around 5 to 7 thousand dollars in debt before i go to collage? I am a dental lab tech and my living expenses are almost zero, but im still leery. If i were to do this i would be putting 3 thousand down and a 500 dollar trade in(2008 ttr50) on a 2008 cbr 1000rr.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by moclakens
Hi all! My name is ryan, and i am just about to finish my first year of collage. I live with my parents because in going to community collage(i will be transferring to a 4 year next summer. i was just wondering if you guys think it would be a good idea to in cure around 5 to 7 thousand dollars in debt before i go to collage? I am a dental lab tech and my living expenses are almost zero, but im still leery. If i were to do this i would be putting 3 thousand down and a 500 dollar trade in(2008 ttr50) on a 2008 cbr 1000rr.
no, no, and no. Whats your riding experience? how long have you been riding? how many miles do you have under your belt?? a 1000cc sportbike is no toy and only riders who are well experienced, logged tens of thousands and even hundreds of thousands of miles should even fatum getting a 1k.

And since you say you been riding a midget of a dirt bike, I say get a ninja 250 and learn how to ride on the street before you even think of getting a 600 much less a 1k sportbike.

I will give you the benefit of doubt that you're not a troll trying to start shyt lol.

Old 06-02-2009, 01:14 AM

Oh! sorry i forgot to say.lol I just have the 50 for messing around or for if friends come over and want to learn to ride or something. I have about 4500 miles logged on my dad and my buddy's extra 996 I go on riding trips with him when i can get away from school and work. I have also been riding and racing motocross for most of my life.

Old 06-02-2009, 02:58 AM

Only you can make that decision. My .2's are that you wait until you graduate college and have job. The bikes will always be there so you will not be missing out on anything. You can always get a bike later hopefully when you have gainful employment and can pay for it. Right now save whatever money you make so that you are better prepared for the future.

Old 06-02-2009, 04:48 AM

I wish I had a buddy who had an extra 996. I think I'd just mooch that one whenever I could and dont buy a new bike.

If its your first bike, you should really consider picking up a used bike. I wont deter you from riding, I started when I was 18 on a then new cbr 600F3. It was a perfect bike for me. I made the mistake of buying a brand new bike. thats why I suggest buying a used bike. I think with your experience, you would be fine with a 600, but I would hold off on a liter bike for now. the insurance is considerably higher. Plus, 600's are plenty fast when you want them to be and are usually tamer for the streets and in slow moving campus driving.Don't be fooled by a 600's small displacement, they can be a beast of machine and are a blast to ride.

I would look towards a used F4i or maybe 600RR, R6 or a ninja 636. With your 3 grand you already have, another 500-1000 will get you a very nice low milage 600 class bike without any debt to worry about. If your trying to build your credit, put your 3 grand down and make the payments for a year of a 100 bucks a month. You will be able to pay off the bike and build your credit a little as well. Plus, when you want to move up to a liter bike, your 600 will still be worth darn near the same as you paid for it.

This may not be an issue. But you do live with your parents. Have you considered asking them their opinion? I know if I was living with my parents and went out and dropped 10 G's on a toy, they wouldn't be too happy, especially if thier foot'n the bill for college.

Old 06-04-2009, 06:59 PM

to whom it may concern,,,,,GET THE 1000RR,,,,THE BIKE IS EASY TO HANDLE,,,EVEN A RIDER WHO WANTS ONE,,,WILL GET USED TO IT,,,,if u have the real desire to OWN one,,u deserve the most thrilling bike on earth,,,,how do i know this,,,because i am a new rider and i am a rebel at heart ,,and i have read countless naysayers tell me,,,,NO WAY,,,ITS TO POWERFUL OF A BIKE FOR A BEGINNER,,,OMG,,,,,,,excuse me while i go puke,,,,,,,,,the cbr 1000rr is very easy to ride,,the power does come on,,,,,,,,if u gas it,,,,,but i dont think u are so dumb to open throttle carelessly,,,,,,,lol,,,,this bike is a dream come true for me,,,and i am so happy i bought a 1000 rr and not a 600........VAROOOMM,

Old 06-04-2009, 07:43 PM

Troll alert! Get the bodybag ready.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:40 PM
June 2009 ROTM

Dude needs to fix his comma key... I think its stuck.

Old 06-05-2009, 12:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by monyman
to whom it may concern,,,,,GET THE 1000RR,,,,THE BIKE IS EASY TO HANDLE,,,EVEN A RIDER WHO WANTS ONE,,,WILL GET USED TO IT,,,,if u have the real desire to OWN one,,u deserve the most thrilling bike on earth,,,,how do i know this,,,because i am a new rider and i am a rebel at heart ,,and i have read countless naysayers tell me,,,,NO WAY,,,ITS TO POWERFUL OF A BIKE FOR A BEGINNER,,,OMG,,,,,,,excuse me while i go puke,,,,,,,,,the cbr 1000rr is very easy to ride,,the power does come on,,,,,,,,if u gas it,,,,,but i dont think u are so dumb to open throttle carelessly,,,,,,,lol,,,,this bike is a dream come true for me,,,and i am so happy i bought a 1000 rr and not a 600........VAROOOMM,
I hope your parents or wife has damn good life insurance on you because I bet money we read your obit soon.

Old 06-05-2009, 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by monyman
I do not think the size of the bike is the main discussion here. It is about him being in college and being able to afford whatever bike he buys. It comes down to economics for his purchase due to him already having riding experince. If Moloackens has the financial means to buy and maintain the bike while completing college then by all means he should purchase the bike.

I myself went out and bought as my first bike against the wishes the people at the MSF school that I attended. But I am 40 yrs old with a family so I drive it like a 600cc bike. As my skills grow the more adventerous I will be with the throttle. Riding and cc bike takes a higher level of responsibility than anoher mode of transportation out there. Even when you are doing all that you can to be safe there are the reckless drivers around us that we have to take into consideration. Just my .2's.

Quick Reply: Should i buy a cdr 1000?