Child Back seat??

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2021, 03:34 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Child Back seat??

Is there any children seats for the back seat that could be mounted or detachable? Does anybody know? Ive been trying to look online for anything besides those child harnesses straps but I've had no luck. I'd appreciate the help and feedback. Thanks

Old 04-12-2021, 05:55 AM
Welcome crew
Received 315 Likes on 293 Posts

Hi Mr.P,
Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the forum.
Where are you from, how long have you been on two wheels, what other bikes do you have etc.
We also love pictures.
As it happens I have not seen anything like what you are looking for, but some of the others might have.
Cheers
Al

The following users liked this post:
Mr.Perezident11 (04-12-2021)
Old 04-12-2021, 10:00 AM
Super Moderator
Received 496 Likes on 449 Posts

@Mr.Perezident11 Hey, welcome to the forum. That's a cool user name. Has a cool Spanish flare to it. The question you're asking is interesting. I haven't seen anything available, although not having had any kids, I've never looked. I imagine it opens up a whole can of worms with regards to if children "should" be carried on motorcycles. I imagine there are lots of opinions out there. But either way, doing it safely is certainly the way to go. It'll be interesting to see what types of responses show up here.

The following users liked this post:
Mr.Perezident11 (04-12-2021)
Old 04-12-2021, 01:50 PM

Found something similar to what I had in mind when asking my Q. Still online hunting with hopes to come across a product with better/safer seat and with metal frame/bolts rather then the straps, Or both! That' would be real great

Old 04-12-2021, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Al1040
Hi Mr.P,
Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the forum.
Where are you from, how long have you been on two wheels, what other bikes do you have etc.
We also love pictures.
As it happens I have not seen anything like what you are looking for, but some of the others might have.
Cheers
Al
Originally Posted by IDoDirt
@Mr.Perezident11 Hey, welcome to the forum. That's a cool user name. Has a cool Spanish flare to it. The question you're asking is interesting. I haven't seen anything available, although not having had any kids, I've never looked. I imagine it opens up a whole can of worms with regards to if children "should" be carried on motorcycles. I imagine there are lots of opinions out there. But either way, doing it safely is certainly the way to go. It'll be interesting to see what types of responses show up here.
And thank you both for the welcomes, and yes I can see the big debate as i do more searching. I don't see no harm in it, i hardly do any dangerous riding, just the occasional wheelie, and it's not something I do all the time or on busy roads/streets so idk if I'd put that in the dangerous riding category. But my son is starting to take interest in my bike, and wants to constantly be sitting on it or messing with it rather then play with his toys, which i love because It confirms my question on if he is mine, lol Jkn. But in all seriousness the way i see it is if he truly wants to ride i couldn't be anything but happy in being who introduces him into the 2 wheel world like i once was. All i can do is control what safety precautions and gear we wear and my driving safely and alert just as i always do. True i can't control how others drive, but that's just part of every day life. A person can walk safe on a sidewalk and follow every rule and stop at ever crosswalk and cross every x and dot every i then still get hit by a car jumping the curb. Soooo... 🤷🏾‍♂️
But thats just my opinion haha

Last edited by Mr.Perezident11; 04-12-2021 at 02:25 PM.
Old 04-12-2021, 06:07 PM
Welcome crew
Received 315 Likes on 293 Posts

Well you learn something new everyday. I had not seen anything like that before.
My kids were a little older when they first started to ride pillion with me so additional seating was not required. I did however have a top box (trunk) which gave them something to lean back against.
Good luck on your hunt and you are right its about minimising risk, you can never eliminate it.