scorpion or d@d exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 09:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scorpion or d@d exhaust

Hello all i have an 06 1ooorr i am looking at the two different exhaust types. D@D i know is one of the loudest exhaust you can buy but have not heard to much from scorpion. I am not looking for more performance theese bikes have plenty of peformance already. Im looking for a good sound and look under the bike. Has anyone used or experienced theese style exhausts on the 1000rr. Any suggestions would be great. Remember sound and looks not really performance wise. Thankyou..

Old 06-23-2008, 09:07 AM
Default RE: scorpion or d@d exhaust

oops my bad yall im looking for sound and look not performance. I need to learn how to check my writing before i enter it sorry guys.

Old 06-23-2008, 10:36 PM

You'll need specify exactly what you want with the sound. Deep and throaty, loud and raspy or just obnoxious.

two brothers tend to be deeper & throaty... somewhat quiet to pedistrians,, but loud to the bike driver. I think the angle of the outlet puts too much sound directed to the driver.

akrapovic (hopeI spelled that right) is deeper throaty and very subtle. Performance sounding, but quieter than most. But the downside is price.

Yoshimura is raspy semi-loud with thier stainless or titatnuim.. a little deeper with the carbon fiber... but still raspier than most. and the price is right.

D&D ...... obnoxious. Made in the USA... but wow... way too loud. But they look really cool.

Laser is also very cool looking. Don't know on sound or performance.. but very nice looking

Those are the only ones I have experience with. I run a Yoshimura on my 05and love it. I probably would have gone Akrapovic if I wasnt such a tightwad.

Arrow, Laser, scorpion, leovince, kerker, jardine, KR tuned are some more to check out.

Old 06-23-2008, 11:07 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

if you are just going for looks then who cares? just pick one you like the looks of they all sound better then stock

Old 06-24-2008, 09:11 AM

ive just noticed that alot of the cans stick so far out of the back of the tail that its horrible ugly. I believe yoshimira and jardines all stick out way far. I do really want a nice deep rumble sound not a pissed off bumble bee sound. Anyone have any pics of exhaust on bikes so i can see how yalls look and maybe determine from there. Just dont want to make the tail end ugly and also worry about melting plastics if the heat shield has to be removed...Thanks for the replies keep em coming...

Old 06-24-2008, 05:07 PM

Scorpion!

Couldn't post this last night. THe scorpion doesn't stick out as far as the D&D and it is not as loud. I really like mine and I get compliments on it often enough that I think I made the right choice.

Name:  Scorpion.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  33.3 KB

Old 06-25-2008, 12:05 PM

Thanks for the pics. The scorpion does really look nice under the bike. I do believe i will go with scorpion. Quick question on ur bike what is covering the edges of the tail that covers some of your exhaust. You also pulled the heat shield how hot does the tail section get from this can. I see urs is carbon fiber so better than alluminum or titanium. Do you get a real deep throaty sound out of it or is it raspy and annoying. Anything you can tell me about your experience with it would be appreciated. Was it hard to install? Is there any modifications to install the can? Thankyou very much for your reply. Helps me out so much....

Old 06-25-2008, 08:20 PM

I bought an undertail off of ebay which covers part of the exhaust. The scorpion comes with a doublesided heat tape that replaces the stock heatshield. I haven't had any problems with the pipe at all. It was fairly straight forward to install and it fit well. This was also my first time replacing an exhaust.

I would go with Carbon Fiber or Titanium. Carbon fiber is light and stays cool and looks the best IMO. Titanium is also lighter than aluminum.

To be complettly honest, it sounds good, but I do wish it was a little deeper sounding. But I don't consider it to be raspy. I love the fact that I haven't seen this on any other 1000rr. I will probably stick with scorpion...

Old 06-26-2008, 08:50 AM

Thankyou for the reply back. This will be my first install of an exhaust on a bike also. Do you happen to have or know where to go on site where i can possibly hear what a scorpion sounds like on a 1000rr.. Ive looked but mostly found akropovic and yosh to hear. Just kinda want a nice deep tone. In your opinion what pipe is deeper toned than the scorpion but not as obnoxious as the d&d. Anyones opinion would be appreciated also if anyone has pics of there set ups...Thankyou..

Old 06-26-2008, 06:51 PM
VP

D&D doesn't stick out that far at all...lines right up with the end of the tail...but it is obnoxious as ****

Name:  DSC01052.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  72.9 KB

Quick Reply: scorpion or d@d exhaust