riding position/comfort

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 08:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: riding position/comfort

ORIGINAL: |TCM|FT

I find that if u keep the front tire up in the air it takes the pressure off the wrist also. JK, just takes time and a few miles.

have fun and ride safe
not for me haha, my wrist hurt like sh*t when i push the front wheel up - it's really hard to get it up (that's what she said) but i'll push with my legs and get it up to BP then ill jump on my bike and ride off into the sunset, wish there was an easier way *sighs* muhaha

seriously, when popping wheelies i kept pulling back like a jack@** with my body and my wrists take take all the abuse

Old 09-03-2007, 08:11 PM

ORIGINAL: miltreeder

ORIGINAL: de goose man

yep thats exactly how I was when I first picked mines up, it took awhile, and 7000 miles later, its comfortable on long 400 + trips, also, check into stomp grips to take weight off your wrist. thanks
Thanks. What are stomp grips?
I'm wondering too...

Old 09-03-2007, 08:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Wildcat

ORIGINAL: de goose man

yep thats exactly how I was when I first picked mines up, it took awhile, and 7000 miles later, its comfortable on long 400 + trips, also, check into stomp grips to take weight off your wrist. thanks
Thanks. What are stomp grips?
I'm wondering too...
CLICK HERE

Old 09-03-2007, 09:46 PM

i figured that what it was (never knew the name on those things) i was thinking that or handle bar grips

Old 09-04-2007, 11:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey good suggestions and use them but also you gotta put the miles in...suggestions + miles = comfort and ease...

Old 09-04-2007, 05:02 PM

Went for a 100+ mile long trip with the girlfriend on the back yesterday, it was horrible on my wrists, and she couldn't feel her legs at about mile 25, and she's kinda short. The good thing is that from now on i'm not taking her on the bike anymore, it's all mine.

Old 09-04-2007, 10:06 PM

[/quote]

CLICK HERE
[/quote]

Thanks. They look helpful and I like that they are clear so they won't mess up the look.
Milt

Old 09-05-2007, 06:38 PM

dude, there is a thread somewhere here on relocating your clip ons above the triple clamp. This drops the front of the bike 1.25" and raises the handlebar up the same. Then drop the rear of the bike with a lowering link. I did this and used the Spyder brand lowering link. It give you a stock height and a 2" drop. Most other links drop 1" and 3". Some people do this setup because they are short and have trouble with seat height. I am 5' 11.5" tall and only did it to get the bars up. I tell ya, I love this set up. The bike handles just fine for most street riders. I have no clearance issues at all. Only tinkering I had to do was shim up the wind screen a bit to make sure the brake and clutch reservoirs cleared.
Another plus is I can launch my bike much harder without the front coming up so violent. Before, most of the time the front was in the air, now, I spin the back wheel and hover thefront.

Here are a couple pic of before and after. Oh, I added the Akrapovic pipe too.
Damn I love this bike.

Roach

Can you more experience guys shed some light on getting comfortable on the 1000RR. I just bought a new one, love it, but my arms and back are very sore from riding - only an hour in the am and now an hour in the pm. Does one get used to this position? I've only had this for new bike for two days...

I normally ride an upright BMW RT but it can't corner very well in the twisties by my home in Oakland CA. I love the way the 1k handles.

Advice is much appreciated,

Milt
[IMG]local://upfiles/15313/7C108E3CA806447CA0A17397B87428CC.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/15313/F7AA7E1BDD5D4A31A5760A91C2822DA6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-05-2007, 06:44 PM

mine feels like a goldwing compared to the 916 I had, and is evenmore comfortable than my 888.

Old 09-06-2007, 02:17 PM

I have recently purchased my first sport bike a CBR1000RR about a month ago. On the way home
from the dealer I notices my hands starting to get sore. By the time I got home I could not even make
a fist. So I set out to try to make this bike a little more rider friendly. First I replaced the grips with
soft foam grips I got from Cycle Gear. I purchased a sheet of "StompGrip" for the same store and
installed it on the sides of the tank. This keeps my body from sliding forward during braking and takes
the pressure off my hands. On longer trips I now wear my bicycle gloves with the pading in the palm.
I have also found that by using my left hand placed on the steering damper during cursing, I can take
a lot of pressure of my hands and relieve the stress on my back. These things alone have made a
remarkable diffenence. There is little hope of making a sportbike ride like a harley, but with these few
mods, I have been able to improve my riding comfort. I have been riding motorcycles for over 40+
years, and this one has certainly been a challenge.

Quick Reply: riding position/comfort