Repsol Seat Cowl

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007 | 02:13 AM
Default Repsol Seat Cowl

I can't seem to find a genuine honda rear seat cowl for the 07 repsol. Even called honda and they gave me a part # and told me to go to a dealership. Off I went, ordered the part and it came out to almost $500. I said wait a minute that can't be right for a rear seat cowl. Turned out it was for the rear tail section. Not what I wanted. I can't beleive the honda guy gave me the wrong part after I asked and told him specifically what I was looking for.

Yamaha custumer service is better than Honda.

So after calling everyone around the world I came to the conclusion that there is no 07 cowl for the repsol. But there is the 05 cowl for the repsol. Does anyone know if the 05 rear seat cowl will fit on a 07?

And one more thing, isn't it a direct replacement, you take the seat off and put the new snazzy looking cowl. What's with some kind of installation procedure that I keep hearing about. I have to put the cowl together or take some parts and peices from the stock rear seat and put it on the cowl?

Old 06-20-2007 | 02:49 AM
Default RE: Repsol Seat Cowl

ok first thats bl;asphemy lol youre so banned hahaha any secondly yeah it should fit an 07 cause i dont think that honda changed the tail section from 05-07...... but dont quote me on that lol.... and as for the seat cowl i think what they are referring to is the hooks towards the from end of the tail section... i think, but am not sure, that you should remove those.... again dont quote me lol

Old 06-20-2007 | 06:51 AM

did ya call SuperBikeSupply yet ?

yea the cowl might need some assembly (if ya can call putting in 4 screws w/washers that) but the reason it does so that you can basically adjust the fit and avoid ******* up your tail !

rem to superglue the screws once ya get the fit right else the vibrations will make 'em fall off

Old 06-20-2007 | 01:42 PM

I ride with a guy who has the 07' REPSOL, he ordered from the dealership (think it was around $180). Myfriend and I both have a lil strip of thick tape (unseen) to protect the tail, like menefreghista stated.

Old 06-21-2007 | 01:56 AM

Thanks fellas, got the cowl ordered. Will remember to glue the screws or can I just throw some silicone on it. As for the tape what and where do I put that to prevent what?

Not to pinch a loaf but I shouldn't have to do anything but put the cowl on. Suzuki's come with the rear seat cowl and there are is nothing else to do.

Will post a pic as soon as I get the cowl on. It is on back order so don't know when it will show up.

Old 06-21-2007 | 02:34 AM

well the tape is entirely upto you ... i'm on 3rd set of plastics and never used it

if ya choose to go that route then buy a strip of door edge guard (used for car doors) and cut it into smaller pieces to line the tail on the inside