problems with horse power

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 01:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: problems with horse power

if i am reading you correctly that is the exhaust gas control valve-it will maintain low end torque
via a butterfly valve within the exhaust pipe-when you installed new pipe-engine now breathes better
more than what the control unit outputs to actuator for this valve a pc3-will take care of this-as far as
what you are use to when using the throttle a certain way!!-as it can be tuned to the pipe and bike gearing!!
if you do not want a pc3-i think i have seen something about a flapper mod-i do not know if it was about your
model cbr??hunt for it=as it is somewhat resent
if i was to post what i am going to do with that circuit/system on my 954,i would simply get flamed-if you
want to know i will post again-let me know!!
outsider

Old 07-26-2006, 09:39 AM

What have you done to your 954?? Care to share?? Maybe it can help with the CBR 1000RR gaining more power..

As for the exhaust valve control panel or watever..its best you juz leave it there as it is and chuck it somewhere underneath the fuel tank..Its been there for 1 year now,seems fine!! As much as possible do not remove the cable as the weight reduction(a few hundred grams) is not worth the trouble you have to go thru if you do not align the servo back to the original position. An FI light will come on and you will not have the easiest of feeling to ride..[]

Old 07-26-2006, 01:28 PM

ORIGINAL: cbrrookie

i noticed that when I put my two brothers slip on I lost power. I used to be going down the street and hop the tire just with throle now I can't. Not only that I think it keeps getting worst. is this posiible with just a slip on? Does the little valve on the original exhaust
as something to do with it?( i mean I know you have to turn it to exactly the same spot, and i don't think I did.
Need some of your input... Thanks in advance..

I have the same set up, and I am pretty sure chainstretcher does too. Two words for you; flapper mod...it's free, and makes a world of difference, just did the mod on mine, I think chain completely removed his

Old 07-26-2006, 02:47 PM

as far as pc111-most posts that i see-show exhuast then set-up w/pc111-via dyno-gains very, but usually in the area
of 10 hp!-i feel that in upwards of $600.00-plus exhaust-this is not much gain for the money
now if the ignition can be reset/mapped as well-the numbers will be alot more!!!-any bike!
what i was thinking is-find and replace temp sensor with different values-then attempt to get more air
into the engine-the temp sensor will make the control unit think the engine is cold which will keep
mixture rich-then hopefully with more air would have to increase power-would be cheap to try
however,i went on to the pc web site-ignition module is available for the 954,but not cbr1000
is this correct???-i work on cars for a living,when i see turbo installs-they usually will not
come to life-till the ignition is remapped-then holys%$-lots of power,some turbo installs-stupid power!!!
audi s4 v-6,500+hp!!
so cbr1000 guys keep on the look-out for a good ignition module to go along with pc111-you will get alot more
power if using both when properly tuned
954 guys with pc111-complete the job if posible,install pc ignition module and tune-dyno numbers should
be alot more with this module installed as well!!
sorry i feel i have gotten off topic-i my opinion,as far as flat spot,hold-off at present time-as from what i had
seen this morning while checking out cbr1000 parts-you guys have some very cooling stuff coming your
way!!!
i know i am going all over the place as i am in a hurry-anyway the idea i have about increasing air
is to cut holes in the air feed tubes-i will have to be careful as i do not want the air that is going in
to be affected by the holes cut
- my bike at current-stk-red 02 954,work in progress-race tech fork springs and valves,gilles shift shaft support
bracket,penske rear shock,sato rearset,vortex triple clamp,akra full exhaust,front and rear
sprockets-17/40-motor work pending!!!
i'll be back after work
p.s-i hate typing!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-26-2006, 10:03 PM

thanks to all of you for the info you gave me.
really appreciate it. I can defenetly say I learn a lot. there were a lot of things i wasn't aware of.

for now I'm gonna try to do the flapper mod.
meanwhile I'm trying to save some money for a PCIII so than I can get a custom map or try the different ones on the forum.
Im not really to happy with two brothers slip on. if I don't get any luck with it
maybe I ll get an Akro full exausht since a lot of people talk about it.
I will defenetly post the news soon as I get it.

Old 07-27-2006, 11:21 PM

Dude!! You really have some money to burn...LOL!!

>>Outsider8>> For me, I had my air duct modified..I have a post somewhere here, can't remember where.

>>cbrrookie>> Since you're doing your flapper mod..you can try my air duct mod. The idea concept is exactly like the HRC air duct in the market rite now. It have a larger air duct protruding out and without all the grills, flapper and fins..What I did is removed the flapper assembly altogether..removed the plastic grills..cut off or should I say saw off the fins in the air duct and voila!! I have a HRC lookalike air duct dat let in more air compared to stock but not as much as the HRC air duct thou..

Old 07-28-2006, 02:08 PM

doesn't this method allow garbage to go in?
I'm sorry im not sure if I am undrstanding you corectly.
I will be loooking for your post tonight will get back to you
keep posted on the thread

Old 07-28-2006, 04:01 PM

ORIGINAL: cbrrookie

doesn't this method allow garbage to go in?
I'm sorry im not sure if I am undrstanding you corectly.
I will be loooking for your post tonight will get back to you
keep posted on the thread
Yup..err sort of..I mean the plastic grill even have large grills to let air in so i dun see much different if I took it out..If u dun like it..you can put the grill back in thou..

my bike has juz finished being madeover for some major accident repair..I'll be taking some pics 2morrow and post it up..you can have a clearer picture then..

I even made my own carbon fibre look complete with grills for the rear hugger..Cost me $30 for adhesives,aluminium grills, spray paint and carbon fibre vinyl(sticker) and 5 days to complete. Killer looks with juz $30..

Old 07-28-2006, 07:57 PM

looking to see the pictures man
maybe I'll have a better understanding than
Im a vision type guy.
if I can see it I can do it.I have a hard time with theories.

Old 07-29-2006, 12:36 PM

Here's the pic...But for the flapper, its not too clear. My bike is dirty..been a few mths since I washed it!! hehe..Also check my carbon fibre look rear hugger with grills.

[IMG]local://upfiles/6663/74FF83A6365640A5A7E875FF0119F9B8.jpg[/IMG]
Total 3 fins..saw off 2. Only left the centre to divide air equally to the air filter.
[IMG]local://upfiles/6663/F0F408D9EB044F76BB2B0202949D2559.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: problems with horse power