Problem wit the stator?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 11:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem wit the stator?

I was at a light going to make a left. Light turned green, let on the gas, noticed that my lights went dim all of a sudden and my tack wasnt moving at all and my speed wasnt showing etc. Road it home, on the way lights kept getting dimmer and the bike started stalling out on me a bit. Luckily, i only had to push the bike a couple hundred feet to my storage unit after it completely stalled out...and wouldnt start up again at all. I was told this was probably the stator, if so where can i get one?

Old 03-22-2007, 12:47 PM
Default RE: Problem wit the stator?

I am assuming you mean starter. Either way my guess would be your alternator is not charging your battery and your battery became dead. This is why your lights dimmed and your dash (tack and speedometer) did not work. A dead or dieing battery will cause all of this. It could be that your battery is not holding a charge. I would get you alternator tested and your battery tested.

Old 03-22-2007, 01:21 PM

no, i meant stator

Old 03-22-2007, 10:08 PM

my stator went out last nov so i went to the dealer and the new one formy 04 1000rr was like 260 bucks. the one i ended up getting was a rebuilt stator and only cost around $130. now that its warm and i can get some good ride time in the damn thing went bad again. its under warrenty but i have to wait 2 weeks to get the new part again. my openion. buy the new onenot the rebuild, i wish i would have. by the way, they tested my charging system for $30.

Old 03-22-2007, 10:25 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

the same thing happened on my 98 f3.. i would be able to jump it then if i shut it off it wouldnt start again. so i replaced my statorthen as soon as that was done i was like cool lets ride ! then it wouldnt start. had to replace my battery now ! that worked for about 2 weeks then my bike would go dim then die on me and it turns out my REC was bad. replaced that and i was good to go after charing my battery again !

Old 03-23-2007, 04:51 AM

call Brad @ 828-252-2280 for the best price on the stators

get a voltmeter and see how much the bike is putting out
it should be between 13.5 and 15.5 kva @ 2500 rpm
any lower and the stator burns out
any higher and the regulator/rectifier screws up

Old 03-23-2007, 10:49 AM

yeah, i looked at a new one from ron ayers and they cost less than 200. anybody know if i can get one off of another bike or does it have to be a 1krr? and if so, does it have to be the 2004-2005 version like i have?

Old 03-24-2007, 05:34 AM

Dizzie - Brad's price is lower Ron Ayers - i know coz i shopped before i bought

the only stator which can replace the OEM 1000rr stator is made by Electrosport but i have not heard any feedback from anyone @ a personal level so its your call

Old 03-24-2007, 09:01 AM

mine went out on my 05 1k took to the dealer and honda covered it

Old 03-24-2007, 02:04 PM

I've posted this before. . .

While I haven't had any stator problems yet, the winding pattern geometry of the stator will cause problems. I have no idea what the rating spec is, but I find it very difficult to believe that it's capable of sustaining anywhere near it. I'm not sure how much it would cost, but I plan to have my stator rewound by someone who actually knows what they are doing. I'm not sure where Honda buys them, but they don't have a clue; it's by far the worst pattern I've ever seen.

While $200 may not be a lot of money, I would feel much more comfortable with a pattern that was wound CORRECTLY.. which the Honda stator most certainly is not. If I thought there were any money in it, I'd buy the machine myself and start a business. The only place off the top of my head that comes to mind that *MAY* be able to do it is Keystone here in Pennsylvania. Another possibility is RAM motors which is also here in PA. They normally do windings for motors/generators above 500HP, so turn-around could be an issue.

For reference, I'm an electrical engineer with over 16 years of motor & generator experience. I coudl be deluded, but I like to think that I know what I'm talking about. . .sometimes.

Quick Reply: Problem wit the stator?