Pirelli super corsers

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 05:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pirelli super corsers

Hey Guys

Just put a set of pirelli super corser tyres on my baby..Has anyone here got a set? What do they think? Anything i should know about them?

Old 10-07-2006, 08:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Pirelli super corsers

awesome tires. I'm finishing my last track set on the street. If you plan on streeting them be very careful of the rain, and make sure you get a bit of heat in them before going nuts.

When warm, and they warm quickly, they're like superglue.

When hot, they will melt and stick like super super glue. Be warned that the tire will gum up around the edges like any other soft tire... just remember that the goo that builds up doesn't have as much grip as the rest of the tire.

Old 10-07-2006, 01:31 PM

I have a set on mine... They came stock. Very good tires, no problems rain or dry. I put 2000 miles on them to date.

Old 10-07-2006, 04:19 PM

same as Rich for me, i have about 3100miles on mine. They are however a little slicker in the heavy rain.....i found that out about a week ago (smile)

Old 10-07-2006, 11:46 PM

Stock on my '05 and I love them. Not a big fan of Riding in the rain w/them. Busted my *** the 1st day out on them...but it was more of Rider Error. When their HOT... They are HOT! I have over 6Grand on them... I think next season I'll get new ones.

Old 10-08-2006, 06:16 AM

I think SirJag,RICHS65 and mannyrios have mistaken the Diablo Corsa as the SuperCorsa Pro or woot mistaken the Diablo Corsa for SuperCorsa..In any case I think recker is referring to the Pirelli SuperCorsa Pro tires which is a street approve race track tires..

Diablo corsa and SuperCorsa are 2 different animals...I got the Diablo Corsa as stock tires and ride it on track before. The grip level is not that good cos the tires slide left, right, everywhere when pushed hard enuf even thou I put on 30 psi on both front and rear tires.. Not bad on road conditions thou.

SuperCorsa is the God in street approved race track tires(I'm not talking about slicks here)..Optimum grip on the track. Hardly any slide..Quick warm up time..Stick like superglue..Tip in your bike into corner better..Superior race line holding..Lasts longer than Michelins' Pilot race.. [8D] Beware if you tend to finish up the tires on road after the compund is used up..still stick better than other road tires thou but in wet conditions, not as grippy especially the sides..

Anyway..recker how much it cost you plus installation and balancing?? And is your tire Diablo or SuperCorsa??

Old 10-08-2006, 09:03 AM

If it the PROs then they are the bomb! Alot of peps do get these two corsas mixed up! But they are two totally different tyres and I will never go back to PP! These pros are the best I have ever used on the street! Very quick 2 warm up! Supa glue feeling! Just put bluntly they are the best street tyre by far!!

Old 10-08-2006, 10:44 AM

Im talking about the pros guys!! These are the mak daddy of street tyres!! It costed $700 aud to get them, but these tyres are amazing, i have never had a tyre that wanted to tip you into a corner like these!! If you can afford to do this mod do it as they are great

Old 10-08-2006, 02:09 PM

Yes - I was talking about the super corsa... I've got a set - in dry weather best tire I've ever ridden on... in wet, not so much. Then again if you're serious about wet weather, I've got a set in my basement that would put a smile on your face.

Pirelli Full Rain Tire 180/55/17 Rear

Pirelli Full Rain Tire 120/70/17 Front

Old 10-08-2006, 06:00 PM

I was confused. I was talking about the stock tires. [Diablo Corsa] My bad.

The Super sounds good.

Quick Reply: Pirelli super corsers