ouch......down few hours ago......

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 02:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ouch......down few hours ago......

Got off work few hours ago, made a left turn when all the sudden back tire slide out under me, and when I used front brake the tire slide other way and spit me off the bike....the bike when down. don't know if was the icy patch or something else, but over all resulting crack front and right side fairing, right side engine cover scratched, right housing tube for throttle/brake bent, mirror....s*@t only been 3 weeks since I got the bike. just got back from hospital doc said I have a hair line fracture around my left thump area.......sicken me to think about $$$ needed to replace the parts and amount of time needed to get back to normal.....what a night. lates, guys. [:@] [X(]

Old 02-15-2008, 02:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ouch......down few hours ago......

ORIGINAL: RRfever

Got off work few hours ago, made a left turn when all the sudden back tire slide out under me, and when I used front brake the tire slide other way and spit me off the bike....the bike when down. don't know if was the icy patch or something else, but over all resulting crack front and right side fairing, right side engine cover scratched, right housing tube for throttle/brake bent, mirror....s*@t only been 3 weeks since I got the bike. just got back from hospital doc said I have a hair line fracture around my left thump area.......sicken me to think about $$$ needed to replace the parts and amount of time needed to get back to normal.....what a night. lates, guys. [:@] [X(]
Sorry to hear, glad you are ok for the most part. Sounds like cold tires and grabbing to much brake to me. How much time you have riding?

Old 02-15-2008, 02:16 AM

on and off about 15 years.....having some pain, off to bed now. lates.

Old 02-15-2008, 02:36 AM

Sorry to hear man. Parts are replaceable. Glad YOU suffered minimal damage.

Old 02-15-2008, 02:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: RRfever

on and off about 15 years.....having some pain, off to bed now. lates.
prolly cold tires n maybe a patch of ice like ya said then. Glad ya ok, get some rest dude.

Old 02-15-2008, 09:21 AM

i did the exact same thing on my old yamaha leaving work at night= cold tires, cold tires turning left except i high-sided and me and the bikeslid and hit the curb at about 45mph, i fractured my thumb "bennet's fracture" ,concussion. and compression fracture in my spine from hitting the curb head on. I was in a 1/4 cast and 2 pins the whole summer for my thumb so i didn't have to worry about fixing the bike up any time soon. Sucks so bad i only had the bikefor 3 months. It was totaled i ended up selling it for $1900 "as is" lol

I know your pain.

Old 02-15-2008, 10:18 AM

just got up fom bed, feeling muscle ache. surfing net for estimate on damage parts...and looking at my cast still wondering what when on last nite. (for the dude upstair i feel your pain as I tell myself "you play, you pay") trying to laugh it off as you, but this is my 3rd fall (last time was about 10 years ago)so it took a damper on the pride thing...anyways gotta call-in work and let them know gonna be out for a few. lates guys!

Old 02-15-2008, 03:33 PM

Dumping a bike is sooo expensive in many ways...Glad you're in one piece! I would go hunting on Ebay for parts...

Old 02-15-2008, 08:25 PM

ophfa, did some math it came out to be around a "G". hey, BTW does anybody know if the cosmatic plastic/parts btwn 2004 to 2006 are interchangable? thanks for all the kind words , lates! J.

Old 02-16-2008, 07:42 PM

yeah those cold tires are not nice... i didnt even know ther was such thing as that but i learned the hard way luckily i got off easy no injuries.. but atleast ur damages arent that bad..

Quick Reply: ouch......down few hours ago......