OK, I give up

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 08:46 PM
June 2009 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OK, I give up

I stopped in the dealership last weekend with my wife just for the heck of it, and actually sat on an '08. Now, I have been complaining of the looks for quite some time, but for some reason the all black one they had sitting there looked good to me this time. Really good. I sat on it and immediately I see what all the hype is about. I didn't even ride it and It feels much lighter. We talked a bit about financing and my wife says "so do you want it?". We talked over the money situation and I saw some of the '09 colors (we get the UK colors here in korea) and I decided to wait until next summer. The new colors all look AWESOME! No more picking on the looks of the new bikes for me... I'm about 90% sure I'll be getting an '09 in about 8 months

[sm=happy046.gif]

Old 12-22-2008, 08:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: OK, I give up

Congrats, you'll love it on the road too.

Old 12-22-2008, 08:49 PM
June 2009 ROTM

Im hoping to get the pearl blue one with the gold rims... but they all look good. I think it will look sweet with some more gold details like my old bar-ends, footpegs, and swing-arm spools (I changed them to red now). I might change my mind once I see some in the showroom in person.

Old 12-23-2008, 06:02 AM

I havent even sat on one yet and Im starting to come around. There are still things that bother me about the looks, but it is looking better all the time. Especially when compared to the new crop of other sportbikes.. its gotta be the best looking of the Japanese bikes by far.

Im sure you will be very happy. Everything I've heard or read has been nothing but praise. I wish someone I knew had one so I coud drive it. Im sure that would convince me 100 percent.

Old 12-23-2008, 06:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine makes me smile every time I walk out in the garage to get on it.

Old 12-23-2008, 01:54 PM

Go black whatever you do dont get red. The White looks smooth and the blue is clean. IMO. Always remember red is for chick whiteknight. IMO

Old 12-24-2008, 01:01 AM

ORIGINAL: justasquid

I havent even sat on one yet and Im starting to come around. There are still things that bother me about the looks, but it is looking better all the time. Especially when compared to the new crop of other sportbikes.. its gotta be the best looking of the Japanese bikes by far.
Yeah, what is Kawasaki smoking? I'm(or was) a Kawi man at heart (my '98 ZX-9R was good to me) but I have to admit the'08 ZX-10and all of the ZX-14's are pretty damn ugly. If Kawasaki's styling department ever puts down the crack pipe I might go back to their side.

I was on the fence in '07, I couldn't decide between theZX-10 and the 1000RR. Once I saw the Honda in the Repsol colorsthedecision was made...

Old 12-24-2008, 01:18 PM
RCR

X I see your at it again!! what did you do to the new guy? Awaiting approval status.

I actually went back and looked FUNNY ****!! E-thugging is hard when on lock down

Old 12-25-2008, 01:37 AM

I would give my left nut for the white HRC model. Been dreaming about one of those since they first came out in Japan this year!

I have to admit they feel so light in between your legs when you're sitting on one. And the riding position is amazing (I like you only sat on one in a dealer - can't wait to take one for a ride!) but the plastic tank fairing feels a bit odd.

How do some of the 1000RR owners feel about this? Has this ever been a problem for you when riding?

Old 12-25-2008, 06:23 PM

ORIGINAL: Sneddy

the plastic tank fairing feels a bit odd.

How do some of the 1000RR owners feel about this? Has this ever been a problem for you when riding?
All of the 1000RRs have the plastic cover. What you see isn't actually the fuel tank. The only downside to some maybe the inability to use magnetic tank bags.

Quick Reply: OK, I give up