CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 1000RR (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000rr-13/)
-   -   Noise, Vibration, Harshness & RPM (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000rr-13/noise-vibration-harshness-rpm-63585/)

egf4998 03-26-2008 07:32 PM

Noise, Vibration, Harshness & RPM

Hello folks,

I'mnew to the world of 1000RR's, and I'm not familiar with the noise/vibration/harshness (NVH) levels of this bikeyet. Perhaps some of you would like to share your observations of this so I know what's normal.

For examle, I feel a vibration increase at around 4000-6000 RPM. Is this normal, or is the bike supposed to feel pretty smooth throughout the entire RPM range?

Also, my bike tends to feel rough at low speed/low RPM combinations (i.e. 2000 RPM). I want to say that it's just the way the chain interacts with the sprockets at low speed, but I still would like to know what others think.

How about high-speed shifting? Mostly smooth?

Onarom 03-26-2008 10:06 PM

RE: Noise, Vibration, Harshness & RPM

I have heard other people complain about vibrations but I haven't really noticed any, not enough to draw my attention anyway.

The bike does feel a little rough in lower rpms to me, but going -1 in front seemed to help. Again, nothing I would particularly complain about.

The only problem I ever had with shifting was when I used a fram oil filter and castrol oil. I now use Mobile1 filters and Shell Rotella Synthetic 5w-40 oil. VERY smooth shifting!

Onarom 03-26-2008 10:07 PM

Oh yea, welcome to the forum!

bdphap 03-27-2008 05:01 PM

When i use non-4 stroke oil it gets bad for me but not enough to complain.

SD2007 03-27-2008 08:20 PM

Whatever you do, don't ask about knocking or pinging sounds. There are 10,000 opinions on what the various noises are and there is absolutely no way to really know what's going on unless you do your own investigation. I've been there...

bdphap 03-27-2008 09:31 PM

God i hope i never get a real knock, Gate gas makes mine knock everytime but other than that i hope they stay away.

egf4998 03-29-2008 02:40 PM

I also have a Micron slip-on. Could that have something to do with it?

bruizer1 04-02-2008 07:27 PM

You're sitting on top of a 150 hp rocketship...you're ears and extremeties(hands and feet) are inches from the motor. The air blast @70 mph is sometimes irritating....expect the worse. We live in an imperfect world...you'll get used to it. The more you ride...the less noticeable it is.

goracer 04-03-2008 06:55 PM

Stock should be pretty smooth. I wish mine as as nice as stock. Lighter clipon bars and end weights contribute to virbation. I sugest you get Motivation bar ends and some spider grips. I don't know what to tell you about the other stuff, the bike should be smooth and quiet in stock form.