No Fuel prime Please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2019, 03:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation No Fuel prime Please help!!

Hello to all team and nice to meet you!!

I am George from Greece and new to forum.
I am owner of 2005 cbr1000rr full rebuild but before a week a problem started and i cant find the way to solve it neither two local dealers
I was for a ride and I stopped side the road turn off the bike to talk my phone but when turn on the ignition all lights on cluster work perfect make the check but no fuel pump sound and the bike dont start!!
We take the bike to a local dealer and check the fuses and relays found them ok but found that the relay of fuel pump (black/white 12V cable) has no input power 12v so we follow the cable to left side via diagram to the socket witch connect kill switch and harness and when we unplug them and connect them again fuel pump worked and bike start again. We take out the kill switch open it and check if there is a cut wire or something wrong inside the switch but everything was perfect. clean the sockets and plug them again.
From then next 16 hours bike works perfect till yesterday the same again. I take out the socket alone on road I unplug it and plug it again then start normally. I do that think the last three rides the same way all the time!! Does anybody knows what else to check? Please help me because I will gonna shoot my head hahah . Also if the problems appears and try to move the socket right and left there is no sound again of pump only if I unplug and plug the socket again!

Thanks a lot
George

Old 10-04-2019, 06:22 PM
Default Fuel pump problem

I'm currently having same issue with my 08 blade but will check that plug you are talking about....by pass your safety switches and check again when your ride what's happening...

Old 03-22-2020, 05:29 PM
Default Fuel Prime

Hi
My 929 had the same issue. Nearly drove me mad. The problem was the relay. There are about 3 relays (under the seat for the 929 - not sure about your later model). See if you can find them and replace. It's plug and play and they're cheap. I checked my fuel pump by connecting it direct to the battery for a second and it worked so I knew it wasn't the pump itself. There are about 3 good videos on youtube for this stuff but at the price, I'd just start replacing relays and see if that works. Don't bother testing the relays (like I did). They all passed the test but how they behave when they're in the bike can be different. Replace, then see how you go.