new fairings, won't start!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 05:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new fairings, won't start!

Alright so i am putting on new body work from nicecycle.com (nice fitment and quality by the way) but i did tank and tail section thursday drove around all ovr then last night took the side fairings and the upper headlight section off to change out so only disconneted two blinker wires, the plug that goes into the back of the gauge cluster and then theres another group of wires on the left lower side i had to disconnect and reconnect.

well during this i also changed oil and went to start it up to check for leaks and well no luck. i got starter turning but the red FI light is on and the stop switch is in the run position.

any ideas am i missing a ground or something??? please let me know cause i kinda need my bike to get to work tomorrow.

Old 05-02-2010, 06:23 PM

so idea just came to mind i was told that there is a tilt sensor in the nose black box in between headlights... and from moving around the headlight section and switching everything from one upper fairing to the next might of triggered it, how would this be reset? i turned key on and off a few times didn't work even disconnected the battery and still nothing.

Old 05-02-2010, 06:40 PM

ok i figured it out... please everyone viewing this topic give me a "dumbass" please. lol well after realizing that the tip sensor is the black box in between the headlights.. and i had to take that off to get to that one screw to remove headlights from fairing.. when i put it back on the new fairing it was upside down and yes... there is an arrow pointing "up" lmao live and learn..

but since im sharing this "dumbass" momment... earlier today when changing the oil, after draining and when i was putting in more after about 4qts still wasn't seeing n e oil in the glass, then i realized then that the drain bolt had not been replaced so all the oil going in was comming right back out!!

i have never done that changing oil, but lets just say it has not been my day.

Tuesday i am getting a exhaust system and PCIII so im hoping not, but i am sure i'll have another retard story to post for you guys.

Old 05-02-2010, 07:16 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nah its not that bad. At least you can admit it. Some guys would never admit they've made any mistakes. Hell, they were prolly born potty trained

Old 05-03-2010, 09:04 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

lol i was just gonna say its probably the missing fairing bolt kill switch... u know the ones that turns ur bike off if a fairing bolt falls out

lol na jp... glad u figured it out though... i feel bad for the rr sections.... replies arent nearly as fast as in the f4i section... thats for sure..

Old 05-03-2010, 10:07 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zmds18
i feel bad for the rr sections.... replies arent nearly as fast as in the f4i section... thats for sure..
42 minutes form first post to being fixed? I would have suggested checking the BAS but I was out riding Sunday. Maybe the RR riders spend more time riding than surfing the forums.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff
42 minutes form first post to being fixed? I would have suggested checking the BAS but I was out riding Sunday. Maybe the RR riders spend more time riding than surfing the forums.
or maybe there just arent as many rr riders here as the f4i either way who cares it was just a observation...

as for me yes im not out riding, my bikes is completely torn apart since last fall...

Last edited by __Z__; 05-03-2010 at 10:32 AM.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:19 AM

comparing f4i owners and rr owners is like saying, there are more cadillac owners than vm bus owners.

of course your statementis true because newer stuff almost always has more interest.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:43 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd say we prolly hear less from RR owners simply cause many are still under warranty

Think I'd lift a wrench or open a service manual if I could just drop her off at the Honda dealer?

Old 05-03-2010, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
I'd say we prolly hear less from RR owners simply cause many are still under warranty

Think I'd lift a wrench or open a service manual if I could just drop her off at the Honda dealer?

lol i would... not worth the 3 day wait at the dealership to install my flush mount blinkers lol...

my buddy took his yamaha to the dealership... they cracked one of his fairings... then refused to pay to fix it....

Quick Reply: new fairings, won't start!