New 1000RR, Need help chosing mods

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 04:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile New 1000RR, Need help chosing mods

Ok, Just picked up a 08' 1000RR with 8K. She is bone stock and Im ready to have some fun. What I need from you guys is your dream list/regrets/advice on any and all mods. Whats worth it, whats not? Winter is coming and this will be my project for the time being. Im hoping to learn from other people on what they did. Im interested in everything from best tail eliminator kit to exhaust preferences. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

So bring on the lists, I want something to do!

Attached Thumbnails New 1000RR, Need help chosing mods-297520_713718490658_39701156_35450658_1843263129_n.jpg  
Old 10-30-2011, 06:40 PM
Talking

Honda racing plate frame,Energy seat,cowl,hugger,LP carbon fiber inlay frame sliders front and rear,reflective rim tape,warning,info stickers and rear pegs removed,BT016's(55 rear),R&G Tail Tidy,TM carbon fiber shark fin(to be replaced by rear caliper relocation bracket style fin),HRC resevoir socks,sprocket cover drilled for Moto GP shift,rear caliper relocation bracket,suspension tuned by Dave Moss.

Last edited by paul13131313; 10-31-2011 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Correct spelling.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:34 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also have an '08 1K RR. Here's the list of accessories I bought for mine so far:

Honda OEM seat cowl (candy apple red)
Puig windscreen (dark smoke racing)
EvoTech Tail Tidy fender eliminator
Taylormade exhaust
Woodcraft frame sliders (black)
Motovation fork sliders
Motovation rear axle sliders
Woodcraft swingarm spools (black)
Carbon fiber pattern tank protector pad
Battery Tender Junior
Trackside rear wheel spool stand
PitBull triple-tree front stand
Interstate 5-year extended warranty
Interstate lifetime engine warranty
GIpro DS-Series (GPDOS-H01-RD) gear indicator
Scorpio i900 alarm with perimeter sensor, ignition disable & CBR harness
Taylormade rear tire hugger
ESRM (exhaust servo replacement module)
*** radiator guard (black)
HealTech SpeedoHealer
Rizoma Zero 11 rear turn signals
Superbright LEDs electronic flasher relay
Bazzaz Z-Fi
Bazzaz AFM
Bazzaz Z-bomb
HRC 1/6 turn throttle
Spider hand grips
BMC street air filter
Scala Rider TeamSet Pro Headset Communicators

Old 10-30-2011, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff
I also have an '08 1K RR. Here's the list of accessories I bought for mine so far:

EvoTech Tail Tidy fender eliminator
Taylormade exhaust

[FONT=Times New Roman]ESRM (exhaust servo replacement module)
So these are all pretty high on the list to start. So what is your opinion on the taylormade? Ive owned 3 different 900RR's and Ive done full system two bros on all of them so I am kinda loyal. But the look of the taylormade is awesome. Im curious though with keeping the stock headers and if I would be better doing a different type of system then taylormade.

I think that evotech tail kit is definitely the way to go as well from all the research. If im understanding it right I have to completely disassemble the tail to get the oem tail off and put the new one in right? And would you recommend that tail tidy if i was going to do an internal LED brake/turn signal setup in the oem brake light?

And the ESRM. Ive never seen one, only read about some guy making his own circuit board or something for that. Could you explain more or give me a link?

Thanks a lot and keep it coming, Christmas be a coming!

Old 10-31-2011, 08:51 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the TM exhaust for the looks. Some people claim it does not add power but there have been owners who have tested theirs on a dyno with 173 hp. Mine is right at 160 hp with a Bazzaz Z-Fi and Z-Bomb.

The Tail Tidy takes a few hours (well, it did for me anyway). You have to remove the upper half of the tail to install it but not any of the subframe. It doesn't matter if you're going to modify the stock brake light or not since the Tail Tidy re-uses it.

Don't get the aftermarket signals that are offered with the kit. You said you were thinking about doing some other turn signal setup but I thought I'd warm you. The bulbs are nearly impossible to replace and one of mine burned out the first 2 hours of use. I replaced the signals with Rizoma Zero 11s.

There's a how-to thread on installing one here on the forum. It is close to the R&G Tail Tidy. He went a bit further and removed the passenger pegs but you don't have to do that.

Evotech Tail Tidy Install

The ESRM is nice if you want to completely remove the exhaust flap servo and not cause a fault code to appear. A guy named Pat makes them for a very reasonable price. I think they are still around $20-$25.

Exhaust Servo Replacement Module